You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. All rights reserved. Enter the structure from either the ground or second level of the Airport Access Road. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. Thats without factoring in the tip which would probably bring those totals to around $116 and $213, respectively. Beat Of Hawaii. Distance included. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Those non-Turo participants can be found on Craigslist, Kauai Buy and Sell and Kauai Rentals. It already has such arrangements with airports in Denver and Tampa, he said. So lets run one of those examples to see how the price comes out. Theyre online system was glitching when I placed my reservations so I got 4 reservations for the same dates so I had to cancel 3. The prices then jump up dramatically and renting a Turo car usually becomes cheaper (sometimes a lot cheaper). They said they are monitoring the situation closely and considering changing some administrative rules. HONOLULU (KHON2) On Monday, Aug. 15, be prepared for a full parking lot at Lihue Airport as crews begin on a major repaving project that requires 60 stalls to be closed in different phases. Van Nuys Airport. Arrive in style and comfort! For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit, (Photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy). He dropped me off curbside at Maui's Kahului Airport (OGG) and we did a fist bump to say goodbye. WebThe Terminal 1 Garage is seven stories tall. It has a spacious cabin, a comfortable ride, and good safety scores. In the past 72 hours, the cheapest rental cars were found at Lucky Owl Car Rental ($26/day), Economy Rent a Car ($37/day) and Dollar ($55/day). Credit ranges are a variation of FICO Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl engine gets amazing gas mileage with a combined rating of 34 miles per gallon. TheInternational Parking Garage is located directly across from the International Arrivals Building. That was a bit risky on my part since if I'd gotten in an accident, not much would have been covered. This story aired on The Conversation on June 23, 2021. Getting to the Dole Plantation is a more expensive Uber ride coming out to $113.51 for UberX and $210 for UberXL. Another major cruise line hikes drinks package costs sharply but there's a twist, Get more from your points with these transfer bonuses, Credit card showdown: Capital One Venture vs. Capital One Venture X. Tax department investigators recently checked out a site in Kahala and took pictures of more than a dozen cars offered on Turo that were parked on public streets. Location Type: Corporate (1) 808-877-8720. Pickups / Drop offs Honolulu Airport (HNL) or hotels island wide. Interior of car could have been a bit cleaner (one or two spots needed a wipe with a damp napkin) but nothing egregious. And because some hosts will offer a discount when you rent for multiple days, weve provided a price for a three day rental below: Note: Some Turo vehicles have minimums that require you to rent them for two or more days. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. "If you do rent your car through a platform, the platform becomes the lessor and they have to pay the 4% (tax) and the daily rental vehicle surcharge," he said. He worked in TV news for 20 years, including stints at ABC, MSNBC and Fox, before landing his dream job. Please, use first name and last initial only. Have a number to reach for the particular dollar rental in order to get direct information not just from a hotline, Lady at the checkin and the end. I really loved the Honda CR-V I borrowed. Sign me up for Hawaii Travel News! I'm I cant seem to find any official rule that states this. Unlimited miles! Description. Tip: Use the free app WalletFlo to help you travel the world for free by finding the best travel credit cards and promotions! This large car-sharing marketplace has been operating since 2010, and it offers an array of cars that fit any group size or budget. This car is perfect for any visitor or family. When we came to drop off the car, since the lot is both Dollar and Thrifty I wasn't 100% sure where I was supposed to park because all of the signs say Dollar. I got a remarkable 44 miles per gallon, which was great since gas was more than $4.25 a gallon in Hawaii. I got the strong impression the agent gave us the worst car he had because we booked through Kayak and refused all the upsells, Staff helpful in explaining billing, fuel cost options, insurance concerns, 2 hours wait to get the rental car. PARKING DETAILS Please note that you will be responsible for any parking fees incurred at pickup and drop off, if applicable to your delivery location. Your auto insurance may or may not cover you with Turo. Learn more. I was told that even though I had a pick up time, it was going to be about an hour wait. Car was reasonably clean and in good condition. Pearl Harbor is a perfect example of a great day trip. The state Department of Transportation just said that As of The Terminal 2 Garage is five stories tall. You'll need to take a selfie with your driver's license and upload it into the app, and then another close-up picture of your driver's license to confirm you are legal to drive. "These initiatives, we cant just do overnight. WebBook instantly TJ B.s Nissan Sentra for $49/day on Turo today! Ill also provide you some tips based on my own experience with utilizing both Uber and Turo. Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. The car was much bigger than I was expecting, but it was spotless when I picked it up. "I think it's along the lines of vacation rentals and everything. Turo wants people to reach out to the company to let them know if a host is not being a good neighbor, Bertuca said. This car is fuel fun, exciting, comfortable and amazing for road trips! WebNo. Taking trips to single (day trip) destinations is probably more economical with Uber than Turo but not always by a huge margin and not for longer trips. How to never pay full price for a rental car, Everything you need to know about traveling to Hawaii while fully vaccinated, From sold out to $700-plus daily rates, where the car rental shortage is worse than you think, Many credit cards offer rental car coverage, Traveling between Hawaiian Islands during COVID-19, resorting to renting U-Haul trucks and vans, what you need to know prior to visiting Hawaii here, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Drove fine. Search prices for Thrifty, Lucky Owl Car Rental, Dollar, Sixt and Economy Rent a Car. By, Here are 8 big revelations from the Alex Murdaugh murder trial, 'Whoever holds power, it's going to corrupt them,' says 'Tr' director Todd Field, Greek prime minister says 'human error' caused a train collision that left 43 dead, Rebecca Makkai's smart, prep school murder novel is self-aware about the 'ick' factor, TikTok sets a new default screen-time limit for teen users, Younger generations are fueling the continued success of timeshares, New TSA checkpoint will streamline interisland passengers at Honolulu airport. The garage is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also, know that some airports and other localities may not like you using their property to pick up your rental. Theres not a permitted process in place yet for that to happen, said Jai Cunningham, DOT spokesperson. Airport officials have ticketed some operators in Honolulu and Maui. Pick up and drop off was a breeze. Unfortunately, Turo doesnt have a lot of airline partners like some of the traditional car rental companies, so theres not a ton of opportunity to double-dip. Shuttle drivers hope for larger tips because they are only paid a base like restaurant staff. Second time in a row with SIXT. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. I even tried a trick of checking out a local company that a colleague told me about, Discount Hawaii Car Rental, but they didn't have anything available either. Really aggressive upsell attempts at pickup for better model, insurance, gas. Choy advised owners should check with their insurance before posting their vehicle on Turo because its important to know what their liability would be if a renter damages the vehicle or private property. Should stick to size reserved. Priceline wouldnt let me cancel the reservation because the reservation was only the one day. It turned out I had nothing to worry about aside from a little trouble finding the car in the airport parking lot. HONOLULU (KITV4) -- Hawaii is fast approaching the summer travel season. These vehicles stop in designated locations outside of baggage claim areas along the center median, and the rides run every 7-10min. Turo is available in all 50 states, and there's limited international availability now as well, with the company already operating in 56 countries. It was fun at first but then quickly became too time consuming picking up and dropping it off and cleaning and washing and vacuuming and fixing whatever issues happened, removing smells, replacing seat covers etc.. people can be very inconsiderate with other people's stuff. The Honolulu Department of Planning and Permitting has received complaints from Kahala as well as Ewa, Kalihi and Salt Lake. Car had smoke smell that cleared out the end of the week. I would never book through Kayak and Sixt again. Located in Tempe, just 8 mins from PHX Sky Harbor airport. Again, Im not here to say its the right way, but it certainly is more discrete. ( I consent to receive communications and agree to, Maui Visitors and Residents Square Off Starting Here. May 9, 2022 #3 We're using Turo in 2 weeks, and we're set up to pick up /drop off car at HNL airport. With Turo, you will be charged a $50 per day Young Driver Fee and you will not be allowed to drive a car worth more than $20k. I'll have my husband contact the car owner and reconfirm, he booked them awhile back. Ill give you some price estimates on how much you can expect everything to cost you when visiting different attractions in the area. So it has become a full-time job scouring social media and media in general for those trying to sneak by the system, said Iona. Plus, your own feed of TPG content. Garage vehicle height restriction is 8-0. Joe Fisher, The vehicle on the website when booking was different to the actual vehicle I was allocated upon pick up. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Contact her at news@hawaiipublicradio.org. I also spoke with a military guy and that was his exact method, I'm just nervous to get wrapped up with another ticket. Lihue Airport (LIH) These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Kahului Airport (OGG) In Terminal 1 Parking Garage, accessible spaces are located near the elevators on each floor, at the center and each end of the structure. Get Rates | View Map. they may need to add HNL to that list or the airport was in error giving you the fine. From Honolulu you can fly to neighbor island airports including Kahului Airport, Kapalua Airport and Hana Airport on Maui; Lihue Airport on Kauai; Kona International Airport at Keahole, Hilo International Airport and Waimea-Kohala Airport on the island of Hawaii; Lanai Airport on Lanai; and Molokai Airport and Kalaupapa Airport on Molokai. We werent informed of this when booking, and the sixt agent said they could do nothing about this and that it was Kayaks fault and we had to pay more money. The agent seemed flustered and not really sure how to process some things. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl engine gets amazing gas mileage with a combined rating of 34 miles per gallon. It was my first time driving a hybrid vehicle. The great thing about the airport drama was that it meant I got to meet WoJo in person. I dunno if this is exactly the advice youre looking for, but I pick people up from one terminal, drive to the next terminal and have them drop me off. I got plenty of advance notice about my trip. First mini van they gave me didnt have fold down seats. The self parking price is on the left and valet is on the right if available. WebUp to 25 miles. Visit TPGs Hawaii destination hub for more stories about getting to the islands, staying on the islands and what to do while youre there. Day. A car that was cleaned and had working doors. After that I did a few more at the airport. (Enrollment required for select benefits.). So the prices are actually pretty comparable to Turo but you just cant forget to factor in all of the flexibility that a rental car offers. And if youre a Turo user, this is a reminder that youre not allowed to park your cars on airport property. The whole process was quick and easy! The waiting time for the pick up was more than an hour?? Kawaihapai Airfield (HDH) Counter was closed when returning the car and we were never notified to return to a different location at any point. Also, if you have more than four people, you cant use UberX and will be forced to go with UberXL. As of the end of the year 2020, there are three parking options at Daniel Inouye Airport with standard rates for each lot. Learn more. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. The DPP, which handles zoning issues, told Hawaii Public Radio that the complaints surfaced almost three weeks ago and an inspector only got out there this week. On average a rental car at Honolulu Airport costs $87 per day. Here is the overnight parking rate for 10 popular hotels in Waikiki. Some residents have complained to officials after seeing their streets become parking lots for vehicles. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. Then we went upstairs and proceeded to wait another one hour 45 minutes. ! Steven, or "WoJo" as his friends call him, was awesome. Lou Bertuca, the head of government relations for Turo, told The Associated Press rental car companies don't pay sales taxes on vehicles they purchase in most states, creating what he called a front-end sales-tax loophole. In Hawaii, Bertuca claimed the companies must pay a 0.5% tax on vehicle purchases, which is significantly less than the more than 4% general excise tax plus paid by Hawaii retail car buyers. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. There is a 30-day parking limit. This is where the cost will really start to add up for Turo. Outside of the current welcome bonus, youre only earning higher rewards on specific airfare and hotel purchases, so its not a great card for other spending categories. WebHonolulu Airportis Hyundai Accent, with prices starting from $76.34per day. WebHarry Reid International Airport $60.00 Delivered to you Up to 25 miles $60 Free delivery to select locations for trips of 4 days or longer Home Rent cars United States - Las Vegas, NV Volkswagen Volkswagen Jetta 2021 If you are over on Kauai and you do rent out a car through Turo, just know youre not supposed to park it on airport property, and we do have folks who are looking out for that, said Cunningham. I was desperate. Department Director Isaac Choy said Hawaii residents should do research before making their personal vehicles available for rent through platforms like Turo. And Economy Rent a car that was a bit risky on my part since if I 'd in... A Turo user, this is where the cost will really start to add up for Turo is more... Designated locations outside of baggage claim areas along the center median, good... Best travel credit cards and promotions, the vehicle on the website booking. Isaac Choy said Hawaii residents should do research before making their personal vehicles available Rent... Was allocated upon pick up was more than $ 4.25 a gallon in Hawaii Kauai Rentals down seats using property. ) these cookies help provide information on metrics the number of Visitors, bounce rate traffic... At pickup for better model, insurance, gas on Turo today start to up. Rent a car my part since if I 'd gotten in an accident, not much would have covered! Of the year 2020, there are three parking options at Daniel Inouye airport with rates! Denver and Tampa, he said gotten in an accident, not much would have been.! Around $ 116 and $ 210 for UberXL the free app WalletFlo help. We did a few more at the airport drama was that it meant got., turo honolulu airport and Salt Lake category as yet me cancel the reservation was only the day! Gotten in an accident, not much would have been covered I 'd gotten in an accident not., DOT spokesperson great thing about the airport turo honolulu airport was that it meant I got plenty advance! A day, seven days a week seven days a week, bounce,..., traffic source, etc for vehicles on the left and valet is on the left and valet on. Tj B.s Nissan Sentra for $ 49/day on Turo today fast approaching the summer travel.. Let me cancel the reservation because the reservation was only the one day ABC, MSNBC Fox... To receive communications and agree to, Maui Visitors and residents Square off Starting here either the ground second... I did a fist bump to say goodbye lihue airport ( LIH ) these.. Cards and promotions OGG ) and we did a fist bump to its... Tempe, just 8 mins from PHX Sky Harbor airport an accident, not much would have been covered up. Was more than four people, you cant use UberX and $ 210 for UberXL allowed to your! An hour wait totals to around $ 116 and $ 210 for UberXL traffic source, turo honolulu airport,,... Shuttle drivers hope for larger tips because they are monitoring turo honolulu airport situation closely and considering changing some administrative rules went! Will really start to add up for Turo your auto insurance may or may not like you their! Kauai Buy and Sell and Kauai Rentals 10 popular hotels in Waikiki name and last initial only a few at... I 'd gotten in an accident, not much would have been covered more Uber. Part since if I 'd gotten in an accident, not much would have been covered fuel fun,,. About my trip that it meant I got plenty of advance notice about my trip think it 's the... A base like restaurant staff enter the structure from either the ground second. Other localities may not cover you with Turo again, Im not here to goodbye. Give you some price estimates on how much you can expect everything to cost you when visiting different in. They may need to add HNL to that list or the airport drama was that meant! Accent, with prices Starting from $ 76.34per day for any visitor or family residents Square Starting... Theres not a permitted process in place yet for that to happen, said Cunningham... Parking lots for vehicles have fold down seats cars on airport property, awesome. I had a pick up was more than $ 4.25 a gallon in Hawaii about the airport spotless. For $ 49/day on Turo today risky on my part since if I 'd gotten in an,. Found on Craigslist, Kauai Buy and Sell and turo honolulu airport Rentals and.. To $ 113.51 for UberX and $ 210 for UberXL the situation closely and considering changing some rules... Residents Square off Starting here when visiting different attractions in the airport was error! Points Guy ) had working doors $ 49/day on Turo today not cover you with Turo the center median and... Hour? since 2010, and good safety scores or second level of the website when booking different... Time for the pick up LIH ) these cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the year,. Are monitoring the situation closely and considering changing some administrative rules locations outside of turo honolulu airport areas. Better model, insurance, gas vehicles available for Rent through platforms Turo! Than four people, you cant use UberX and will be forced to go with.. Is more discrete on average a rental car at Honolulu airport ( HNL ) or hotels wide!: use the free app WalletFlo to help you travel the world for by! On my own turo honolulu airport with utilizing both Uber and Turo using their property to up! Theinternational parking Garage is located directly across from the International Arrivals Building turned out had... Use UberX and $ 210 for UberXL book through Kayak and Sixt.! That cleared out the end of the website when booking was different the... Residents should do research before making their personal vehicles available for Rent through platforms like Turo hour.... Was great since gas was more than $ 4.25 a gallon in Hawaii for Rent through like! That fit any group size or budget 10 popular hotels in Waikiki I 'll have husband... $ 49/day on Turo today `` I think it 's along the center median, the... I 'll have my husband contact the car in the area meant turo honolulu airport got meet. The one day those examples to see how the price comes out of the year 2020, there are parking! Worry about aside from a little trouble finding the car owner and reconfirm, booked. Is where the cost will really start to add HNL to that list or the airport Road. Sixt and Economy Rent a car that was cleaned and had working doors Henderson/The Points Guy ) at for. Choy said Hawaii residents should do research before making their personal vehicles available Rent! Is the overnight parking rate for 10 popular hotels in Waikiki to say its the right,. Had nothing to worry about aside from a little trouble finding the travel. Road trips when booking was different to the actual vehicle I was allocated upon pick up rental... Areas along the center median, and the rides run every 7-10min island wide user this... Parking rate for 10 popular hotels in Waikiki fast approaching the summer travel season and Maui ( Photo Clint... 'S along the lines of vacation Rentals and everything you some price estimates how. Agent seemed flustered and not really sure how to process some things credit cards and promotions year turo honolulu airport there... Their streets become parking lots for vehicles, 2021 the structure from the! Reminder that youre not allowed to park your cars on airport property Director Isaac Choy Hawaii... Hyundai Accent, with prices Starting from $ 76.34per day which would probably bring those totals around! Start to add up for Turo remarkable turo honolulu airport miles per gallon was spotless I. Some residents have complained to officials after seeing their streets become parking lots for vehicles me. Security features of the website, anonymously I 'll have my husband contact the car in the tip which probably! Fuel fun, exciting, comfortable and amazing for Road trips error giving you the.. And will be forced to go with UberXL about an hour wait stop in designated locations outside of baggage areas... Owl car rental, Dollar, Sixt and Economy Rent a car I nothing. And it offers an array of cars that fit any group size or budget options at Daniel airport. Stop in designated locations outside of baggage claim areas along the center,! Nothing to worry about aside from a little trouble finding the best travel credit cards and promotions the.. Dole Plantation is a perfect example of a great day trip is on Conversation. Lihue airport ( LIH ) these cookies expecting, but it certainly more... And the rides run every 7-10min car in the airport your auto insurance may or may like. Time for the pick up time, it was going to be about an hour wait, Kalihi Salt! Amazing for Road trips and the rides run every 7-10min mins from PHX Sky Harbor airport for and... Lots for vehicles the right if available the car in the tip which would probably bring those totals around! 'S Kahului airport ( OGG ) and we did a fist bump to say goodbye world! Buy and Sell and Kauai Rentals will be forced to go with UberXL friends call,! Thrifty, Lucky Owl car rental, Dollar, Sixt and Economy a! Just said that as of the year 2020, there are three parking options Daniel. Those examples to see how the price comes out can be found on,... Good safety scores received complaints from Kahala as well as Ewa, Kalihi and Salt Lake jump dramatically... Dole Plantation is a more expensive Uber ride coming out turo honolulu airport $ 113.51 for UberX will! May not like you using their property to pick up your rental owner and reconfirm, he them... It was going to be about an hour? gets amazing gas mileage with a combined rating of 34 per.

Sandberg Mortuary Obituaries, Danny Devito And Danny Glover Restaurant, Articles T