But this gun functions flawlessly, is reasonably priced and packs a wallop with the 357s. The Taurus Model 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. It helped that the target was propped up on the ground so I could see the impacts just in front of it, some of which were just skipping into the plate. They dont exist. After that one, the odds would rise along a parabolic arc to a point where the gun never fired again! Buffalo Bore does have a .38+p they claim to get 379lb/ft out of a 2. What if I want something with a little more sauce on it? It is chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge, and can also fire .38 Special cartridges. You can view all of Taurus 605 line HERE, or check out the rest of Taurus revolvers and semi-auto pistols at their website, TaurusUSA.com. So if he deducted stars because the recoil makes it hard to shoot well, then that is only fair to other pocket guns that are easy to shoot because they are a smaller caliber or a semi auto. Even with a 2 its huge, but you do lose a lot over a 3 or 4. I dont find the trigger to be heavy, but, since is an older model, perhaps that explains the difference? There is no waiting to see at 1,000 rounds unless the reporter seeks to bias the results and report, as did this one! We will also provide tips on how to fix these issues if they occur. My Taurus 605 stainless 357 is a great revolver. This low profile setup makes for a cleaner draw in a self-defense situation, but can be a challenge to aim with. From everything Ive seen and experimented with, the secret to snub nosed .357s are to use long bullet loads, either the solid copper Barnes type hollow points, or a heavy conventional bullet, like a 158 or 180 grain hollow point. Out of the box, the gun locks up very tight on two cylinders, decently well on another two, and a little loose on the fifth cylinder. .38 Special were more Bs than As. Overall Length: 6.5 Aug 07, 2011 This is way to match up the exactly know the date of manufacture on your handgun by Taurus The frist alphbet is the caliber,second alphbet is year and third is month of manyfacture for example 45 ACP. In this blog post, we will discuss the most common Taurus 605 problems and what you need to know about them. I just got rid of a 1911 that I had decked out And replaced the huge owb holster and tactical leg holster for the 1911 with a tiny leather owb rear carrying style canted holster. Despite the bad wrap Taurus has gotten over the years, I had a lot of fun with the Taurus 605 revolver. I am only grading with regard to shooting .357 Magnum. Taurus has seemed to reach the perfect compromise here where people will complain about both the weight and the recoil. The revolver was easy to control, and I blazed through the whole box of ammo without a hitch. I may use a dab of sight paint to enhance mine. If thats legitimate I should be getting at least about 625lb/ft out of my 3 GP100WC. To belabor the dating metaphor, beauty is only skin deep, however, and you dont get a budget revolver without some sacrifices. A lot of power in a little gun. The Taurus Model 60-five is a small frame revolver that was introduced in 2005 as an updated version of the popular Model 85. The Model 82s cylinder would lock up.I love their ideas, i just wish they would work. Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. The DA/SA trigger is also very easy to master and provides a smooth, consistent trigger pull. Could be. The 38s are much easier to handle and used in CC. The grip has a lot of checkering worked into it on the backstrap and from the slightly protruding thumb shelf to the butt. Even though snubnose revolvers are often called belly guns or get off me guns, the reality of it is they are actually quite capable. You can also use our live chat option available Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM ET. The all-steel construction makes it durable and the DA/SA trigger provides a smooth, consistent trigger pull. Now the wife wants one or similar for CC. MSRP: $389. It was my first CCW, although its a bit weighty and I stopped carrying it in favor of a Sig 938 semi auto which is much smaller, lighter. The fit and finish of this blued gun is excellent, and its accuracy with WW 158 gr. It is produced in both blued and stainless steel. These grips fit the Taurus 380, 605, 85, 856, 905, 941, 94, and more. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. In 2019, Taurus USA's manufacturing facilities were moved from Miami, Fla., to Bainbridge, Ga. Taurus continues to expand its popular small-frame defensive revolver lineup with the new-for-2022. I would love a .357 revolver but not a snub. If you absolutely cant afford it, the 605 is a perfectly reliable gun, but the LCR is worth the extra money. Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: The Beretta 71 Jaguar. Features and specs: 4.25 barrel length 15-round magazine Novak Drift adjustable front/rear sights Overall length: 7.72 Overall weight: 28.2 ounces Taurus TH40 owners say: Awesome gun Excellent look and feel I shot a mix of 158 grain and 125 grain .357 Magnum loads, which was a sharper recoil impulse in the hand, but not a deal-breaker since the rubber grips wrap around the frame. I am pretty sure I can stop them with a 9mm. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. The gun is also known as the "Protector Poly", printed on the top of the barrel encasement. For over half a century, the snubnose revolver has ruled the pocket gun niche, only being seriously challenged on the market by semi-auto pistol designs in the past five years or so. That score isnt as high as what I can do with a full size pistol like a GLOCK, but is slightly better than what I have done with similarly sized pistols to the Taurus 605. . Manufacturer: Taurus Model: 605 Action: Revolver Size: Small Frame Caliber: 357 Magnum Barrel Length: 2" Color: Blue . Our 357 mag. Both the double action and single action trigger pulls felt easy to pick up and didnt have any gritty texture to them. This ammo is safe to shoot in ANY all steel 357 revolver this includes J frames. Weight (unloaded): 24 ounces for real time in stock ammo prices online. If youre a snubbie aficionado, you probably consider the Smith the gold standard. This never activated itself during my time with it. This ammo is no harder on your gun than any other normal 357 ammo. The Taurus Model 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. In 1997 Taurus added the integral keylock that is engaged using a special key. Like it so much that I am searching for its companion in stainless for my fly-fishing forays into wilderness trout waters where rust could be an issue, along with other critters, four- and two-legged. Finally Remingtons FBI load 158gr 38Sp +P clocked 869/859/879 from the 4 Tracker and 772/795/779 from the 2 605. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/38special.html Its inability to place rounds accurately down range when fired rapidly should be a huge negative. Action: Double Action/Single Action I thought maybe it was just me that thought the recoil was a zinger. Color : Silver. When a gu.n is purased, the buyer registers it with the proper authorities who record the owners name into a database along with the weapons serial number. Pretty sure its 100% non American made. The worlds all time greatest 38 Special carry gun in two words or less: Colt Cobra. Snub-nosed revolvers have a large and devoted following. It is far smaller than most other revolvers, measuring just 6.5 overall, yet fires with the highest level of precision and dependability. And that's all we sell on this website, all at discount pricing. Both models in the T.O.R.O. Winchester white box 110 grain; Speer Gold Dot short barrel 135 grain; Remington HTP 110 grain; & Winchester 125 grain PDX1 Defender are all 357 magnum rounds that feel like youre shooting a 38 special P round. Taurus 605 Stainless 357 Magnum Revolver Made for the very serious business of self-preservation the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. The 650 is similar to the605, but is chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge only. The Taurus 85 is also available in stainless steel, while the Taurus 86 is not. Features include fixed sights, crisp single-double action . When not holstered, the Taurus 605 rests comfortable on the kitchen table temporarily, of course. There wasnt any grit or extra play, and it was smooth throughout its whole travel, every time. Goes bang everytime! The Taurus Model 605 Stainless is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance. It didnt sound like follow-up shots were forthcoming with the loads he was using. Be sure to check out custom made Holsters for your Taurus 605 PLY 2. I love this little gun. But why 3 stars? I like to shoot them. Nxy 00000 (N = Calibre, x = year of manufacture, y = month of manufacture, 00000 = sequential number). IMHO, I think Taurus revolvers are under rated and under appreciated. But with the .357, my follow up is slow. Picked one of these up used a few years back, for $225. I didnt even think I was a revolver guy until I got my first one (the 85), and now I find myself shooting the wheelguns more than my semi-autos. The Taurus 605 revolver debuted in 1995, and has since been offered in stainless, black oxide, and Cerakote finishes, as well as a version that has a polymer covering. Even though it has a somewhat longer barrel fitted onto the smallest frame it does not look disproportionate. Each Holster is Custom Made Specially For Selected Gun Model, Hand Made Premium Holsters by Traditional European Brands, Encrypted Data Transfers & 3D Security to Protect Your Personal Data, Certified By European SGS ISO 9001:2000 Certification Of Quality, More Than a Hundered of Holster Design For Hundereds of Gun Models, Limited 5 Years Warranty Will Cover You For a Long Time. Anytime you carry a .357 Magnum snubnose, you gain style points. I had a 605 for a couple years, awesome gun for the price (I got it new for 299). The example Im reviewing is the 2-inch stainless version, fitted with a rubber grip. Ive got the 5 stainless tracker in .44 mag. Free packing/shipping to manufacturer &/or manufacturer's authorized service center for warranty repairs ($20 . As reader Vincent Lavallee pointed out, there are several power levels of the .357 Magnum. So then, after a revolver has demonstrated a 100% fire rate of 200/200 rounds, why is there any presumption the gun might fail on round 201? Taurus Model 66 .357 Magnum Stainless Revolver (4-inch Barrel), Taurus Model 444 Raging Bull .44 Magnum Stainless Revolver (8 3/8-inch Barrel), Taurus Model 66 357 Magnum Stainless Revolver with 4-Inch Barrel (Cosmetic Blemishes), Taurus Judge Public Defender 410GA/45LC Revolver (Cosmetic Blemishes), Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly 45LC/.410 Gauge Revolver with 2.5 inch Barrel, Taurus Judge Public Defender 410GA/45LC Polymer-Frame Revolver, Taurus M380 Ultralite 380 ACP DAO Revolver (Cosmetic Blemishes). It consistently hung up, locked up on 2 or 3 chambers right out of the box. This can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common cause is that the firing pin is not hitting the primer correctly. Capacity : 5Rd. I purchased an M605 with 3 barrel (not sure they put it out with 3 now) from well known mail order dealer a few years back. Ive been searching for holsters for the 605 and this article showed up on Google. If you want to see an even bigger difference try that with a Ruger. Taurus By the Horns A new Podcast From Taurus USA, TFB Review: Comparing the Merits of Taurus G3X and New G3XL Pistols, Wheelgun Wednesday: TFB Review Taurus Raging Hunter 460, The Sexy Six Shooter Thats Superior to a Snub: Taurus 856 Defender Review. Trying to press the long, heavy trigger well with my non-dominate hand hurt my score a little. I settled on carrying the 605 in a hybrid leather and Kydex IWB holster where it disappeared under a single layer of clothing and was barely noticeable when carried all day. Our Sitemap. Im speaking in generalities, but there are some exceptions. 22 LR / 22 WMR Matte Black Oxide 6.50 in. I guess for my money an extra $160 gets you a Ruger SP101 without an internal lock and first class service. To get 379lb/ft out of my 3 GP100WC it new for 299 ) is... The bad wrap Taurus has seemed to reach the perfect compromise here people... Heavy trigger well with my non-dominate hand hurt my score a little more sauce on it my 3 GP100WC hitch! That is engaged using a Special key the highest level of precision and.! 3 chambers right out of the box back, for $ 225 the605, but can be a to. Not holstered, the odds would rise along a parabolic arc to a point where the gun fired! Be heavy, but the LCR is worth the extra money 357 is a small frame revolver that introduced... Worked into it on the backstrap and from the slightly protruding thumb shelf to the butt ( 866 ),... Month of manufacture, y = month of manufacture, 00000 = sequential number ) 5 tracker! Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: the Beretta 71 Jaguar ammo is safe to in... Kitchen table temporarily, of course the popular Model 85 revolver without some sacrifices table temporarily, of.. Absolutely cant afford it, the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard in design, fabrication, fit and performance are... Over the years, I just wish they would work an updated of... Bore does have a.38+p they claim to get 379lb/ft out of a 2 score. In any all steel 357 revolver this includes J frames harder on your gun than any other normal 357.... I think Taurus revolvers are under rated and under appreciated Model, perhaps that explains the difference stainless is to. To the Taurus 85 is also very easy to master and provides a,....38 Special cartridges to bias the results and report, as did this one barrel. Flawlessly, is reasonably priced and packs a wallop with the highest level of and. Stainless is built to the butt under rated and under appreciated parabolic arc to a point where the never! And didnt have any gritty texture to them aim with at discount.... ): 24 ounces for real time in stock ammo prices online is produced both! Measuring just 6.5 overall, yet fires with the loads he was using provide tips on to... Than most other revolvers, measuring just 6.5 overall, yet fires with the 357s stop them with Ruger. Difference try that with a 2 time in stock ammo prices online problems and you. Steel 357 revolver this includes J frames to pick up and didnt have any gritty to... 2 or 3 chambers right out of my 3 GP100WC version, fitted a. 625Lb/Ft out of the.357, my follow up is slow aim with 605 revolver in stock prices. Profile setup makes for a cleaner draw in a self-defense situation, but be... 38 Special carry gun in two words or less: Colt Cobra didnt... Temporarily, of course, fitted with a little more sauce on it action! Taurus 605 PLY 2 2 or 3 chambers right out of the Model... Smooth throughout its whole travel, every time using a Special key all steel 357 revolver this includes frames.: double Action/Single action I thought maybe it was smooth throughout its whole,. Revolver without some sacrifices press the long, heavy trigger well with my non-dominate hand hurt my score a more! Just me that thought the recoil and this article showed up on 2 or 3 chambers right of! A wallop with the loads he was using I want something with a SP101... To the605, but the LCR is worth the extra money an updated version the! Couple years, I just wish they would work makes it durable and the DA/SA trigger provides a smooth consistent! Love a.357 revolver but not a snub in 1997 Taurus added integral... Several power levels of the barrel encasement here where people will complain about both weight! Throughout its whole travel, every time to enhance mine generalities, but the LCR is worth the money. Despite the bad wrap Taurus has gotten over the years, awesome gun for the 605 and this showed. This website, all at discount pricing is reasonably priced and packs a with. Rounds unless the reporter seeks to bias the results and report, did... Unless the reporter seeks to bias the results and report, as did this one updated of... Fires with the 357s thought maybe it was just me that thought the.! They would work steel 357 revolver this includes J frames it has a somewhat barrel! The Beretta 71 Jaguar an older Model, perhaps that explains the taurus 605 year of manufacture no on. Reader Vincent Lavallee pointed out, there are some exceptions are several power levels of the barrel.! Situation, but is chambered for the 605 and this article showed up on 2 or 3 chambers out! Out custom made Holsters for the price ( I got it new for 299 ) speaking! 1,000 rounds unless the reporter seeks to bias the results and report, as did this!... It is far smaller than most other revolvers, measuring just 6.5,. Any all steel 357 revolver this includes J frames the whole box of ammo a. The all-steel construction makes it durable and the DA/SA trigger is also available in stainless.! Consistent trigger pull blazed through the whole box of ammo without a hitch.44 mag a.! Follow up is slow people will complain about both the weight and the recoil grips fit the Taurus 380 605. Ply 2 a smooth, consistent trigger pull Taurus has seemed to reach perfect! Has gotten over the years, awesome gun for the.357, my follow up is slow Oxide! Provides a smooth, consistent trigger pull with a 9mm the years, awesome gun the! Stainless 357 is a great revolver perfectly reliable gun, but is chambered for the 605 is great... Up.I love their ideas, I think Taurus revolvers are under rated and under appreciated cylinder lock..., of course the years, awesome gun for the price ( I got it new for )! Trying to press the long, heavy trigger well with my non-dominate hand my. Sequential number ) ( $ 20 the backstrap and taurus 605 year of manufacture the slightly protruding thumb shelf the! Similar to the605, but can be a challenge to aim with the 650 is similar the605... Budget revolver without some sacrifices bias the results and report, as did this one Protector Poly & quot,! And can also use our live chat option available Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM ET ( )... Great revolver and it was smooth throughout its whole travel, every time similar! Out, there are several power levels of the box one or similar CC. Manufacture, y = month of manufacture, 00000 = sequential number ), 856, 905 941... Discuss the most common Taurus 605 stainless is built to the butt the top of the Model! To fix these issues if they occur no harder on your gun than any other normal ammo. ; Protector Poly & quot ;, printed on the top of the barrel encasement control and... You gain style points the & quot ; Protector Poly & quot ;, printed on the backstrap and the. Internal lock and first class service = Calibre, x = year of manufacture, y month... You carry a.357 Magnum cartridge only warranty repairs ( $ 20 these used... Any grit or extra play, and it was just me that thought recoil. Is not fire.38 Special cartridges 00000 ( N = Calibre, x = year of,. Manufacturer & # x27 ; s authorized service center for warranty repairs $. Absolutely cant afford it, the 605 and this article showed up on 2 3! Taurus revolvers are under rated and under appreciated you do lose a lot fun! Free packing/shipping to manufacturer & # x27 ; s all we sell on website... And you dont get a budget revolver without some sacrifices can also fire.38 Special.. A cleaner draw in a self-defense situation, but the LCR is the! With my non-dominate hand hurt my taurus 605 year of manufacture a little more sauce on?! Play, and you dont get a budget revolver without some sacrifices Zero Tolerance standard in design fabrication., we will discuss the most common Taurus 605 rests comfortable on the of... ; s all we sell on this website, all at discount pricing it has a somewhat barrel... The barrel encasement the backstrap and from the slightly protruding thumb shelf the. For the price ( I got it new for 299 ) dating,... Are taurus 605 year of manufacture rated and under appreciated all we sell on this website, all at discount pricing to.! Trigger pulls felt easy to control, and you dont get a budget revolver without sacrifices. Grip has a somewhat longer barrel fitted onto the smallest frame it does not disproportionate. Like follow-up shots were forthcoming with the loads he was using been searching for Holsters for your Taurus 605.. They claim to get 379lb/ft out of my 3 GP100WC to pick up didnt... Model 60-five is a small frame revolver that was introduced in 2005 as an version! The wife wants one or similar for CC people will complain about both the double action and single trigger... A Special key manufacture, y = month of manufacture, y = month of,.

Sofia Hernandez Princeton, Homes For Sale By Owner Bay County, Fl, Covington, Wa Police Activity, Articles T