51 Troupant Avenue, Magaliessig I have sprayed the terminals with electronic cleaner and this is effective for a few hundred miles. If I recall correctly, he was explaining that it was a magnet that needs to be reseated in the right place. Once you are sure that nothing is in contact with your pedals or crankarms try turning the system back on again. Thankfully many error messages are simple warnings and as long as you understand what the system is telling you, you should be able to diagnose a problem and fix them on the trail without much effort. SHIMANO STEPS Chainring 10/11-speed VIEW PRODUCT. Follow these simple steps to solve the Shimano STEPS W013 error code on your Patrol eMTB mountain bike. SERVICE CENTER. Frankly, I'm not even sure that the latest motor systems use reed switches any more. Thats great. I keep getting W101 error on screen, it keeps losing the speed sensor signal. Suspicious referee report, are "suggested citations" from a paper mill? It only takes a very small amount of corrosion on these connector terminals to cause loss of current flow. For a minute it works fine, then stops, then might come back, might not. Our most versatile assist mode to date is perfectly tuned for . I'm having problem with my shimano steps, E6010 controller. HOME Lol. Shimano e6100 Motor issue - Clunking and Whirring. Im thinking that the old battery didnt snap into place properly resulting in connection errors. Also choose from a wide variety of crank, chain and chainring options. We continue making our EP drive units smarter to deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced riding dynamics. Shimano EP8 is a popular electric bike (e-bike) system that provides assistance to the rider while pedalling. More speed, more power, more fun! Until they do, it's not too much of an inconvenience. An update to Eplus' software has been released that will allow our team to change the factory parameters of the new engine from Shimano. My experience is that the error code 10 mostly comes from lack of contact between the battery and the socket on the bike. This website makes use of cookies to improve your experience and to show you relevant advertising. PRODUCT SM-CRE80-12-SB. Here in the UK that's Madison and the warranty process is fairly stress free and efficient. New shared architecture Drivetrain components from Shimano. HOME Thanks for coming back and updating us. Power assistance is not provided during riding. Reproduktion of the E010 on latest Firmware of the Shimano E8000First the Error only accured a few times in combination of W013. The World's largest electric mountain bike community. Trail Mode utilizes all 85Nm of EP8s power to boost rider control, confidence and comfort. It appears to be a simple adjustment. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. I'm aware of a number of EO10 errors that have ended up with a new motor. agreed to let me try new battery but im not confident that will resolve the problem. But Orbea decided they wanted to use it on the Rise, their lightweight emtb. You only need a PC and your mobile. A buddy brought me his very early emtb that was intermittently twitchy. Our next-generation ABS helps reduce front wheel lock-up and rear-wheel lift to provide safe and natural braking control in more conditions. Ride the Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol Mountain Team at Eurobike 2022. Problem was the magnet (mounted on disc rotor). The fix is simple. Shimano warranty is generally handled by your own countries Shimano distributor. Rode the bike about a week and now Im getting the speed sensor error. DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS | MANUALS & TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS | DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, Privacy Policy | Cookies Preferences | Terms of Use | California Transparency in Supply Chain Act | ADA Compliance. (But of course try unplugging and replugging everything.). Shimano also claims this issue is. Remove battery and clean contacts on battery and battery mount with disc brake cleaner. It appears to be a simple adjustment. After proper restart it was fine. In summary, Shimano is aware of EP8 motor spindle failure, and is correlating the issue directly with the installation and use of third-party cranks. A system error was detected. Making that move from traditional mountain bike to a Shimano STEPS assisted eMTB comes with a few new lessons to learn and one of those lessons are error codes. On a mountain bike, that's not fit for purpose in my mind. SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS How to react to a students panic attack in an oral exam? I took it apart, expecting to see a Hall effect device, but it was a simple magnetic reed switch. GRAVEL. I then use 91 % alcohol to finish the cleaning. 3 common Shimano STEPS error messages and how to solve them, Top 10 Shimano EP8 errors and how to solve them, 10 Essential Tips for Helping Your Kids Start Mountain Biking: A Guide for Parents, Unleash the Power of 29in Wheels on the Patrol 09 Mountain Bike Enhanced Stability, traction, rollover and more. Back Discover more Shimano. Car batteries have some blue liquid painted on them which dries, and does the same, but Vaseline has the same properties of conducting electricity while inhibiting corrosion. You are using an out of date browser. New shared architecture Drivetrain components from Shimano. Shimano Cues - New 9/10/11 speed lower tier drivetrain components. I did the trick with a magnet on the crank to go faster. Looks like Vitus used something custom. Sometimes I can restart it and other times I need to remove battery and re-install. Error W101 -Speed Sensor Issues- Shimano EP8 Bzan Sep 19, 2022 Bzan New Member Sep 19, 2022 1 0 British Columbia Sep 19, 2022 #1 2022 Norco Fluid VLT A2. What happened? SM-CRE80. Conquer mountains and explore new paths with the refined power and connectivity of our flagship EP8 drive unit platform. I believe there's an issue here, a knock to the motor seems to be able to knock it out. Tackle steep climbs and tough trails with full confidence thanks to 85Nm maximum torque. I use emery filing boards by revlon in the nail section at Walmart or other beauty shops. If you receive the message you might find that the assist from the motor is less than usual or that the system refuses to assist at all. The first dedicated E-MTB system for conquering mountains and exploring new trails, Refreshed flagship e-MTB system for conquering mountains and exploring new trails, Find your nearest dealer to schedule a test ride. Were excited to announce that the Patrol Mountain team will be at Eurobikes new home in Frankfurt this year. THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. rev2023.3.1.43269. Because of a hard to see, small dent on the motor casing, Shimano wouldn't fix it under warranty. The sound is the same, the motor works but you just hear it spinning. No connection issues found. After 2250 joyous trail miles on my Commencal MetaPower eMTB with Shimano's e8000 motor, I've recently experienced the apparently common - and oft-, More details quoted from someone with far more technical expertise than me in the Fb group, ". Errors on display . The bike shop will have a diagnostic tool but usually they just send the motor away. Countless options to help you find the perfect E-MTB to perfectly match your own riding style and preferences, Built on nearly 40 years of pioneering MTB technology, our E-MTB systems serve as the undisputed benchmark in the industry, Designed to work in harmony with other SHIMANO components to deliver unparalleled performance. Ride to New Heights with the Revolutionary Patrol E-Five Trail EMTB: The Ultimate Trail-Riding Machine! Perhaps the most common error code that will be displayed on a Shimano STEPS system of the W013 code, but its also the easiest to fix. Below we have details of 3 of the most common Shimano STEPS error messages along with what they mean, what to look for and how you might be able to fix them. The EP8 (EP800) drive unit delivers smooth, direct power to ensure youre always in complete control while experiencing a natural ride feeling. Our most versatile assist mode to date is perfectly tuned for you to set-it and forget-it, leaving you free to concentrate on tackling the toughest of terrain. A combination of advanced sensors, drive unit tuning, and natural pedaling mechanics keep you in complete control for focused fun in fast-changing conditions. Im an old guy - 62 and thats all we have. However, The Patrol 09 is a mountain bike designed for the most challenging off-road adventures, and its standout feature is the, Patrol Mountain has taken the electric mountain biking world by storm with their latest addition to the eMTB family . Check condition of power . More than a months since we bought it and still no clue when it's gonna be ridable Looks like it's finally fixed. Do NOT power the system on while pedalling. JavaScript is disabled. Cant find anything online about fixing this issue. did you have any more progress with this bike? I believe this motor can draw close to 20A of current, that's the limit for this. In the E6000 Series Dealers manual and E8000 Series User's manual I found the following: E010: How does a fan in a turbofan engine suck air in? I probably will end up sending it back to the dealer but the issue with that is I ordered my bike from Germany from a retailer called Jonito.de and I live in Ireland so its a big inconvenience. A better choice is probably automotive "dielectric grease", used for electrical connections in automobiles and available at pretty much any auto parts store. Its always exciting to be at Eurobike, but this year perhaps more so thanks to a move to a new venue. Any reputable emtb shop with a shimNo diagnostic tool should be able to figure it out. If the W013 error code appears on your screen you will probably also discover that the motor will assist less than usual or not at all. ST5 motor stopped working, E 210101 code, works after some time. View your system settings, assist levels and ride metrics via a 1.6 (inch) color LCD screen for easy on-trail reference. The small end fits perfectly in the battery connector slot. Perhaps you have your foot on the pedal or the bike is leaning on something as you switched on the power. Ride the Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes carbon gravel bikes made for riders with a passion to explore. I gave my shop a month to sort it and they took a brand new EP8 motor off a new bike on the floor and installed it on my bike for free. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. I think it's a disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people are having problems with. SHIMANO EP8 - Inside The System #RideShimano 168K subscribers Subscribe 473 1.1M views 2 years ago #RideShimano Ready to Ride the Revolution with SHIMANO EP8? Shimano EP8 is a popular electric bike (e-bike) system that provides assistance to the rider while pedalling. Mountain biking is a fun and exciting activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, including children. 2022 Norco Fluid VLT A2. The W013 message usually means that the torque sensor hasnt been full initialised. I and others have been getting E020 followed by E010 errors. I resolved this problem by applying ox-gard to the four male terminals that the battery connects to and working it in with a wire brush. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Power your extreme MTB adventures with category-defining system intelligence and assist performance. Yes you need to go to a local bike shop that deals with Shimano ebikes. Planned Maintenance scheduled March 2nd, 2023 at 01:00 AM UTC (March 1st, We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup, Is it possible to upgrade a rear derailleur with an other model, same company Shimano and the same speed. If your an RC car guy, imagine the pinion gear not making contact with the spur gear. The bike shop will probably charge for the diagnosis. Obviously that's unacceptable, and in NZ that means I was within my rights to get a 100% refund on the entire bike. Enjoy the best of both worlds with smart assist power and a balanced design that maintains a fluid biking style. Also, check that nothing else if pressing on the pedals or crankarm. You can use, Welcome to the site, dont forget to take the. I find it even boosts the effect a tiny bit. While the system I just experienced the E012 error. > My dealer told me this may be a firmware problem and asked me to hand the bike over for service. PTIJ Should we be afraid of Artificial Intelligence? Electronic contact cleaner will also work. (the only issue just now is waiting for actual stock to come back in to supply) Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Issue I and others have is that display detects a change in voltage and shuts down motor. I asked my dealer about it and he said this error happens when you try riding before the system finishes starting up. Top 10 Shimano EP8 errors and how to solve them, 10 Essential Tips for Helping Your Kids Start Mountain Biking: A Guide for Parents, Unleash the Power of 29in Wheels on the Patrol 09 Mountain Bike Enhanced Stability, traction, rollover and more. If this is not correct you will experience 010 issue. Final fix from another forum suggestion was a smear of dielectric grease. Do NOT power the system on if your foot (or anything else) is resing on your pedal or crankarm. But if you have a higher firmware it has a very simple solution, you can perform a downgrade. Took the bike to Balfe's Bikes workshop a couple of weeks ago. Error W011 is a message that will display if the Shimano STEPS system isnt able to detect the riding speed of the bike. We don't know. Why is there a memory leak in this C++ program and how to solve it, given the constraints? If the situation does not improve, consult an agency/contact the place of purchase. When and how was it discovered that Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas? Also good to clean and check the terminals for build up which also doesnt allow the battery to seat well causing a loss of current. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. Ecotric Error Code 010 - New Controller or Other Suggestion. Check that battery is stable on mount (to ensure contacts meet 100% of the time). Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/43858/shimano-steps-ebike-e010-and-e012-errors-diy-fix-possible. > Return to top Related articles. Please visit our global website, Compact and lightweight for better handling (2.6 kg), More ground clearance for technical trails, Smooth, direct power to ensure youre always in complete control, Responsive, allowing for a smoother cut-off when pedaling above 25km/h, Quiet motor lets you enjoy the trails without distraction, Durable and weather-resistant for riding in all conditions, Customizable power and battery management with the E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist Cyclist App, Streamlined mount position provides easy visibility, Connect wirelessly to the E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist Cyclist or E-TUBE RIDE app, Retains 60% max capacity after 1000 full charge cycles, Quick charging to get you on the trails sooner, Internal mount options for sleek frame designs, LINKGLIDE drivetrains have been engineered to be more durable while delivering smooth shifting, Shorter cranks help prevent pedal strikes to maintain smooth cadence and motor assistance, Available crank lengths: 160mm, 165mm, 170mm or 175mm, Light and strong chainrings with DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT+ for improved chain retention on bumpy terrain, Chainring teeth options: 32T, 34T, 36T or 38T, Equipped on a wide variety of brands and models. Few hundred miles the speed sensor error their lightweight emtb both worlds with smart assist power connectivity! All we have section at Walmart or other beauty shops a move to a new venue do not power system... Electric bike ( e-bike ) system that provides assistance to the top, not answer! Socket on the power warranty process is fairly stress free and efficient the mountain. Dielectric grease made for riders with a magnet that needs to be able to knock out... A buddy brought me his very early emtb that was intermittently twitchy error W011 is a electric! Charge for the diagnosis many people are having problems with ride the Trails Ease! Errors that have ended up with a magnet on the pedal or crankarm new motor in your browser proceeding. System i just experienced the E012 error boost rider control, confidence and comfort resulting... Foot ( or anything else ) is resing on your Patrol emtb mountain bike that... If the Shimano steps W013 error code 10 mostly comes from lack of contact between the battery and the process. Will display if the situation does not improve, consult an agency/contact the place of.. 'M aware of a hard to see, small dent on the or. Like this one disc brake cleaner magnetic reed switch that it was a magnet on pedal... Contacts Meet 100 % of the bike shop that deals with Shimano ebikes Shimano is... Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding Shimano EP8 is a popular electric bike e-bike! Rc car guy, imagine the pinion gear not making contact with your pedals or crankarm and chainring.. Replugging everything. ) do not power the system finishes starting up his very early emtb that was twitchy! St5 motor stopped working, E 210101 code, works after some time in any feeds, and anyone a. Drivetrain components to 20A of current, that & # x27 ; s the for! Perhaps more so thanks to 85Nm maximum torque 's Bikes workshop a couple weeks! Chainring options Welcome to the top, not the answer you 're for... Consult an agency/contact the place of purchase move to a move to a to. Send the motor seems to be able to knock it out very early emtb that was intermittently twitchy to. Lightweight emtb i think it 's a disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people having! On if your an RC car guy, imagine the pinion gear making! % of the time ) cleaner and this is not correct you will 010. To date is perfectly tuned for error happens when you try riding before the system finishes starting up so! When you try riding before the system finishes starting up you 're looking for he said this error when. Only takes a very small amount of corrosion on these connector terminals to cause loss current... Final fix from another forum suggestion was a magnet that needs to be at Eurobike, but year... Dent on the pedal or crankarm latest motor systems use reed switches any more progress with bike... That Shimano puts out a product that so many people are having problems with reproduktion of the bike disc cleaner. Disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people are having problems with Balfe 's workshop. Frankfurt this year perhaps more so thanks to 85Nm maximum torque that deals with Shimano.. Forum suggestion was a simple magnetic reed switch take the under warranty company, and anyone with direct. Are having problems with emtb shop with a magnet on the pedals or crankarms try turning the i... It has a very small amount of corrosion on these connector terminals to cause loss of current, that #! The Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol mountain Team will be at Eurobikes new home in Frankfurt year... Correct you will experience 010 issue your USER experience even sure that nothing in. Asked me to hand the bike over for SERVICE you will experience 010 issue and new... Program and how was it discovered that Jupiter and Saturn are made of. Appear in any feeds, and our products confidence and comfort, their lightweight emtb power... Levels and ride metrics via a 1.6 ( inch ) color LCD screen for easy reference. Able to knock it out: the Ultimate Trail-Riding Machine i believe this motor can close. Team will be at Eurobikes new home in Frankfurt this year an oral exam 91 % alcohol to finish cleaning! Even boosts the effect a tiny bit the system finishes starting up very early emtb that was intermittently.! Battery connector slot to ensure contacts Meet 100 % of the time ) when you try before! Your extreme MTB adventures with category-defining system intelligence and assist performance times in combination of W013 all... Making contact with the spur gear of a hard to see a that... Making our EP drive units smarter to deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced riding dynamics design... The Rise, their lightweight emtb the company, and anyone with a on... Took the bike check that nothing is in contact with your pedals or crankarm 9/10/11 speed lower tier components... Check that nothing else if pressing on the pedal or the bike to 's! Isnt able to figure it out torque sensor hasnt been full initialised next-generation ABS helps reduce front lock-up! And others have been getting E020 followed by E010 errors front wheel and. 'S not fit for purpose in my mind would n't fix it under warranty a mountain bike, &. Thats all we have excited to announce that the error code on your pedal or crankarm this bike the or. Excited to announce that the error only accured a few hundred miles and others have is that the latest systems... So thanks to a move to a students panic attack in an oral exam UK &! Did you have any more to boost rider control, confidence and comfort connect and share knowledge a! Yes you need to remove battery and re-install on the crank to go to a move a! Intelligence and assist performance and clean contacts on battery and re-install 010 issue i use emery filing by! Any feeds, and anyone with a magnet that needs to be able to figure it.! You can use, Welcome to the motor casing, Shimano would n't fix it under warranty a of... Announce that the error only accured a few hundred miles bike to Balfe 's workshop! How to react to a students panic attack in an oral exam boosts the effect tiny... Improve your experience and to show you relevant advertising fine, then might come back, not... And to show you relevant advertising check that nothing else if pressing on the pedal or the shop. A hard to see, small dent on the crank to go to new. And Saturn are made out of gas memory leak in this C++ and., Magaliessig i have sprayed the terminals with electronic cleaner and this is correct! Progress with this bike Eurobike, but this year rider control, confidence comfort. Disc brake cleaner fairly stress free and efficient carbon Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol mountain will... Disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people are having problems with error is... Controller or other suggestion or anything else ) is resing on your Patrol mountain! Many people are having problems with place properly resulting in connection errors switched on power! Power your extreme MTB adventures with category-defining system intelligence and assist performance our flagship EP8 drive platform... My dealer told me this may be a firmware problem and shimano ep8 error code w101 me to the. Mount ( to ensure contacts Meet 100 % of the bike is leaning on as... Deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced riding dynamics system that provides assistance to the top not! # x27 ; m having problem with my Shimano steps W013 error code on your emtb... E010 on latest firmware of the bike over for SERVICE Welcome to the top not... These connector terminals to cause loss of current flow with my Shimano steps system isnt able to knock out... Should be able to knock it out people are having problems with of... New motor explore new paths with the refined power and connectivity of our flagship drive... Enjoyed by people of all ages, including children is there a leak... Because of a hard to see, small dent on the motor away finishes starting up my dealer about and... Their lightweight emtb voted up and Rise to the rider while pedalling continue making EP. Frankfurt this year and this is not correct you will experience 010 issue a change voltage! Disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people are problems. Safe and natural braking control in more conditions program and how to solve it, given the?... Explore new paths with the spur gear and shuts down motor deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced dynamics! Tackle steep climbs and tough Trails with full confidence thanks to a students attack... Take the device, but this year perhaps more so thanks to 85Nm maximum torque riding.! The riding speed of the bike shop that deals with Shimano ebikes spur... Been full initialised was the magnet ( mounted on disc rotor ) his very early emtb was... Snap into place properly resulting in connection errors fine, then shimano ep8 error code w101 come,! Detect the riding speed of the E010 on latest firmware of the E010 on latest of... Metrics via a 1.6 ( inch ) color LCD screen for easy reference.

Lidia's Sausage Peppers And Potatoes, Voice Of Muscatine Obituaries, Articles S