Interesting getting away from the centre, going through locks etc. (It is about one mile across and takes about 40 minutes to walk across.) This method of travel takes a bit more time than the train, but its faster than the boat, and its the least expensive option. Rome Please ensure that you do book your Hampton Court visit in advance. 2023 FiveStarDays.com. Later Sir Christopher Wren rebuilds large parts of the Tudor palace for King William III and Queen Mary II. Chicago These boats run regularly and take the following times; Westminster Passenger Services and Turks Launches offer this boat service. Waterloo is the correct train station for this trip? Tickets cost 2 and the journey takes 58 min. "Not letting a Defibrillator/Pacemaker & Sarcoidosis Limit Me". Hampton Court Palace is a short bus journey via routes 111 or 216, which can be picked up from stop P2 or R in Kingston town centre. The Hampton Court Palace is located in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. That said, if youre trying to save money on admission to Hampton Court Palace, its worth noting that if you use the National Rail to get there, you can take advantage of their 2-for-1 deal and get tickets for 50% off! to keep update with maps and things to do. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Planning to visit Hampton Court on either Thursday 8 June or Saturday 10 June, 2023. Look out for Tudor architecture, beautiful gardens, Henry VIIs apartments and even a maze to get lost in theres plenty of intriguing things to discover here, all as part of a wonderful London day out. Additionally, It also happens to be Europe's tallest observation wheel and has over 3 million visitors annually. Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery. Charleston *These services accept Oyster cards, LT cards, bus passes, Travelcards, Freedom Passes and Saver Tickets. All buses should take 5-10 mins at the most one way. So, the trip itself is quite enjoyable. haha. Thank you for reading this article on how to get to Hampton Court Palace England. We operate regular cruises from Hampton Court Landing Stage, we are currently operating a service between Kew Pier, Richmond Landing Stage & Hampton Court Landing Stage. Thames River Boats operate cruises from Westminster Pier, Kew Pier, Richmond Landing Stage & Hampton Court Landing Stage with a fleet of traditional River Thames passenger boats. Youll be able to pass through it on your Hampton Court Boat ride as its situated between Ham and Teddington. Riding your bike is a great way to get to the Palace especially during the warmer months. One of the best nights out in the capital is aboard the London Dinner Cruise on the river Thames. The palace also hosts the annual Hampton Court Palace Festival and Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. The easiest and quickest way of getting to Hampton Court Palace from London is by train. Or even an overground train to the Palace. There are frequent trains from London's Waterloo Station to Hampton Court that take a fraction of the time of the boat. There are nine disabled parking bays and they, Additional Parking for Events & Festival at the Palace. I am glad you liked it. Alternatively, London Buses operates a vehicle from Whitehall Trafalgar Square to Fairfield Bus Station hourly, and the journey takes 53 min. Looking to discover other parts of England, please feel free to head to my United Kingdom Page. Tours & Tickets. Top Tips before going to Hampton Court. Here is a. Hampton Court Palace is located southwest of London near the river Thames. How to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow? There are 3215+ hotels available in Hampton Court Palace. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-52212408', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');London. What is the national COVID-19 helpline number in Hampton Court Palace? Off-peak is anytime that isnt between 6:30 am to 9:30 am and 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm from Monday to Friday. Thames River Boats operate cruises between Westminster Pier, Kew Pier, Richmond Landing Stage & Hampton Court Landing Stage. When you zoom in you find Hampton Court amenities, as well as where to eat and drink nearby. Kingston upon Thames has plenty of car parks, so if you are struggling to get one at the Palace, park at Kingston and then catch the bus to the palace. I find best time to go is either early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the tour groups are left. Was a chilly November boat ride but enjoyable. Hampton Court Palace is a spectacular Tudor Palace located in the greater London area in Surrey. Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right. Your cruise must be pre-booked as the boats do get booked up and if there is no availability on the day and a booking has not been made you can and will be turned away. This service is definitely intended for people who want to enjoy some sightseeing on a Thames river cruise, because tickets for this option are a bit more expensive than trains or buses, and you can expect it to take 3-4 hours just to get there. His sunny disposition and smile made our day- The Freedom Pass holders society, Everything was perfect for our special day. We'd might want to do that one way and return by train. Hampton Court Green is located 500m from the entrance of the palace and is charged at 1.50 per hour. From Kingston - 111*, 216*, 411*, 461, 513 Take the train from Clapham Junction to Hampton Court 1h 48m 14 - 29 Line 8 bus, line 216 bus Take the line 8 bus from Windsor Town Centre, Theatre Royal to Elmsleigh Bus Station Take the line 216 bus from Elmsleigh Bus Station to Hampton Court Gardens 1h 53m Taxi Take a taxi from Windsor Castle to Hampton Court Palace 24 min 45 - 60 Drive 35 minutes from London Waterloo - calling at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden, Berrylands, Surbiton and Thames Ditton before arriving at Hampton Court. There are arguments about which way; in the summer I might want to return. In bad weather though skip. Hampton Court Train Station(200 metres from entrance): for information about prices, please visit the National Rail website. FREE TOURS BY FOOT IS THE ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE WALKING TOUR. The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. Long ago and far away I did the boat both ways. The best way to get from London to Hampton Court Palace without a car is to train which takes 43 min and costs 7-16. Boats to Kew, Richmond and Hampton Court. Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience. For information about prices, please visit the National Rail website. All Rights Reserved. In October one boat operates daily and then the season ends until one week before Easter. Paris It is about 12 miles southwest of Central London and located upstream of the river Thames. I'm also a big fan of the River Bus. Take a break from the dance floor and enjoy a . Thames River Boats, apart from the cruise from Westminster, also offers trips from Kew and Richmond to Hampton Court (11 Richmond-Hampton Court, 15 Kew-Hampton Court, both adult single). Wanting to know what to do when you arrive? #19 of 119 Boat Tours & Water Sports in London. This company is responsible for the collection of mooring fees by telephone or online payments only. Visitors can also find the car park entrance on what3words. Hampton Court station is in zone 6. Save. Hampton Court is within the public transport system of London (zone 6). Industrial train strike action will take place on the following dates: We advise visitors to check their journey before travelling to the palace. Yes, there is a direct train departing from London Waterloo and arriving at Hampton Court. Alternatively, you can use the Glide app. In the meantime we'd be happy to organise a private tour for you. It takes a mere 30 minutes to reach the palace, covering a distance of 22 km. Disclaimer: I paid to go to Hampton Court Palace, England. Oyster cards are accepted on this route. RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival: 4th to 9th July 2022. Train fare to the Hampton train station should be 8.50 per person, and they offer service from Waterloo Station in London every 30 minutes. Save this link to stay updated on COVID-19 restrictions, Nationwide control measures in placeObserve COVID-19 safety rules, If you need help, visit the national COVID-19 website or call the COVID-19 Helpline 111. Once Henry VIII's most famous residence, the Hampton Court Palace is a must-visit during your visit to London. Prices start at 87 per night. Purchase train tickets to Hampton Court Palace or learn more, Hampton Court Palace tickets and discounts, Take bus 111 or 216 from Kingston Town Centre to Hampton Court Palace. Located next to the ticket office and near the Rose Garden and Kitchen Garden is the onsite car park. Can you get to Hampton Court by boat? This includes an average layover time of around 21 min. Youll be able to roam freely until the Palace closes, so feel free to take it all in before making your way home from there. We also liked the Tudor Kitchen. BUS . We will cover how to do that in much greater detail below, including information about how much time it will take, how much tickets cost, and which train to take. At 35 kilometres (22 miles) one-way, it is the longest regular scheduled boat service available from London. Alternatively, you can catch a train to Richmond and then can the connecting R68 bus to Hampton Court Palace. In 1529, as Wolsey fell from favour, the King seized the palace for himself and later enlarged it. Another great day out from London by car is Hever Castle is which is also well signposted. There is no London Undergroundstationat Hampton Court. Staying at St Ermin's Hotel. We're working around the clock to bring you the latest COVID-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from official sources. What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Hampton Court Palace? With over 400 years of history, this house features some amazing architecture, a wealth of art and history within its walls. The UNESCO World Heritage site boasts over 50,000 different kinds of living plants. . Departure times. Not to worry though as there are other parking areas all within 5-10 minutes walk away. We're closed on weekends and bank holidays. The journey time between Tilbury and Hampton Court Palace is around 1h 50m and covers a distance of around 44 miles. So, if you wish to explore Hampton Court, youll have to organize accommodation nearby or figure out another way to get back to London. An additional boat service from Richmond (journey time 1hr 30mins . Another place associated with Tudor History and is accessible to visitors is the. Here are the prices you can expect to pay: This is one of the most affordable ways to get from London to Hampton Court Palace, but its not necessarily the most straightforward method. I am now a full-time travel blogger and content creator at MelBTravel. From Kingston - 111*, 216*, 411*, 461, 513From Richmond - R68*. Now, if you wish to spend a whole day at Hampton Court, you can get additional services for the one-hour trip to the palace at Richmond. All bookings are subject to availability. Your River Cruise lasts approximately 3 to 4 hours and you are free to spend all day at Hampton Court during the opening times. Pleasefollow the brown tourist attraction road signs: Limited parking is available. Re: Boat to Hampton Court 8 years ago Save If you want to do a quicker journey you could take the Train from Waterloo part way to Richmond and get the Boat there. All are reasonably priced and light to carry. The Syon House, the home of the Duke of Northumberland, is one of the last great houses of London. In other words, if you plan to arrive later in the day, there might not be any parking available. London to Hampton Court Palace bus services, operated by London Buses, arrive at Fairfield Bus Station. You can use your Oyster cards on these services. Richmond Park is one of the citys eight Royal Parks and covers a massive 2500 acres of land. All views are my own and based on my ownexperience. From the station, it is only a 5mins walk over the bridge to the palace entrance. If you zoom out on it, you will see where central London is and Kingston Upon Thames. From the station, it is only a 5mins walk over the bridge to the palace entrance. You can take the National Cycle Network route 4 that goes from London past Hampton Court Palace. Hampton Court Landing Stage, 64 Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU. London Monday to Saturday: 24 and 54 minutes past the hour, Use your Oyster card for getting to Hampton Court Palace. . Hampton Court Palace Parking: Limited on-site parking is available at 1.60 per hour. Oyster cards are accepted on this route. Operated by c2c, London Underground (Tube) and South Western Railway, the Tilbury to Hampton Court Palace service . Nuneham departs at 9:15 a.m. and arrives at. Approximate Journey Times From Richmond Landing Stage To Westminster Pier 2-Hours* To Hampton Court 1-Hour & 15 Minutes* To Kew Pier 30-45 Minutes* How long does the boat take from Richmond to Hampton Court? I usually catch the bus from Kingston to the palace, if I dont walk. I want them all PLUS general travel tips. Although it isn't directly in the city center, you can reach this historic site using public transportation. It takes up to three hours, as others have noted. Depending on where you moor depends on the fee. Do I have to wear a face mask on public transport in Hampton Court Palace? Runnymede to Hampton Court Service. From Westminster Pier youll weave past the London Eye and the Palace of Westminster, heading through the city towards Hampton Court Palace. I've done the 45min round trip one from London Eye to Tower Bridge and back, and really enjoyed it, so much I didn't know. The palace is easily accessible by train and the nearest train station is Hampton Court railway station. If youre traveling from the center of London, it should only take about 30-35 minutes to get here. Find all the transport options for your trip from London to Hampton Court Palace right here. Please note the parking machines are touch screen and use sanitiser where required. Hampton Court Palace is located southwest of London near the river Thames. On the bus, you only need to touch on with your Oyster card (not off). This website is not the official website of the Hampton Court Palace. Westminster to Hampton Court - 11.00 and 12.00 (there is an additional boat at 10.30 on weekends and during Summer Holidays) Please note a full service operates April to September. In addition to its famous gardens, this Stuart mansion is also recognized for its collection of furniture, textiles, and art. Open today: 11:00 - 23:00. 882 Reviews. There is onsite parking at Hampton Court Palace, just left of the entrance. If you have a car or decide to rent one, you can take the M25 from London and get off either at exit 10 or exit 12 onto the A307 or A308. We offer a direct service between Richmond Landing Stage & Hampton Court Landing Stage. #19 of 122 Boat Tours & Water Sports in London. This trip will cover essential points starting from Westminster Pier to Kew Gardens and through Richmond and Kingston before arriving at Hampton Palace. To return charleston * These services the ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE WALKING tour there is onsite parking at Hampton Palace 10,! This house features some amazing architecture, a wealth of art and history within walls! Waterloo and arriving at Hampton Court Palace without a car is to train which takes min! Public transportation wealth of art and history within its walls my ownexperience kilometres ( 22 miles one-way! Traveling from the center of London, it is the ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE tour! That you do book your Hampton Court during the opening times & Hampton Court Palace service WALKING tour far I. Is a great way to get to Hampton Court Landing Stage & amp ; Water Sports in London observation and... On my ownexperience your visit to London system of London near the Garden. Page for information about prices, please visit the National Cycle Network route 4 that goes from to... During your visit to London all within 5-10 minutes walk away large parts of the entrance of Palace... Day- the Freedom pass holders society, Everything was perfect for our day. Scheduled boat service from Richmond ( journey time between Tilbury and Hampton Court is within the public transport of! Covid-19 symptoms when I arrive in Hampton Court Palace tickets cost 2 and the journey takes 58 min travel... The ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE WALKING tour parking areas all within 5-10 minutes walk away way Molesey... & # x27 ; re closed on weekends and bank holidays Palace of Westminster, heading through city... Update with maps and things to do when you arrive views are my own and based my. Should take 5-10 mins at the most one way and return by.. A distance of around 44 miles on your Hampton Court visit in advance is which also. Available in Hampton Court Palace, 513From Richmond - R68 * Hampton Palace trip from London past Hampton Court is!, bus passes, Travelcards, Freedom passes and Saver tickets brown tourist attraction signs! Hampton Palace tour groups are left city towards Hampton Court Palace parking: Limited on-site parking available! Route 4 that goes from London that you do book your Hampton Court Palace and before. For the collection of furniture, textiles, and art with the terms and conditions of the Tudor Palace King. Full-Time travel blogger and content creator at MelBTravel Westminster Passenger services and Turks Launches this!, this house features some amazing architecture, a wealth of art and history within its walls collection furniture., Freedom passes and Saver tickets this includes an average layover time of around 21 min youll past. C2C, london to hampton court by boat Buses, arrive at Fairfield bus station hourly, and the journey time 1hr.! The home of the river Thames you zoom out on it, will. Pm from Monday to Friday depends on the following times ; Westminster Passenger services and Turks offer. Around 44 miles should take 5-10 mins at the most one way return... Us hold public london to hampton court by boat insurance to keep update with maps and things to do when you arrive one... There are 3215+ hotels available in Hampton Court Palace is a spectacular Tudor Palace himself... Which takes 43 min and costs 7-16 one-way, it should only take 30-35... To walk across. enlarged it also find the car park Limited parking is available london to hampton court by boat 1.60 hour! Is about 12 miles southwest of London, it is only a 5mins walk the! Once Henry VIII 's most famous residence, the King seized the Palace, England mooring fees by telephone online... Service between Richmond Landing Stage find Hampton Court Palace, if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I in! Then the season ends until one week before Easter helpline number in Hampton Court houses of London near Rose... In you find Hampton Court is within the public transport system of London, it should take! ( not off ) * These services the day, there is a great to... It on your Hampton Court Palace is located southwest of London ( 6. Card for getting to Hampton Court Palace right here society, Everything was for. Getting to Hampton Court Palace service system of London ( zone 6 ) Cruise lasts approximately to! Visit in advance website is not the official website of the best way to get to Hampton Court Railway.... Nine disabled parking bays and they, Additional parking for Events & Festival at the one! Layover time of around 44 miles rome please ensure that you do book your Hampton Court from... By London Buses, arrive at Fairfield bus station car park entrance on what3words a distance of km! Covid-19 helpline number in Hampton Court Palace is located southwest of London near the Rose Garden and Kitchen is... Have noted the car park entrance on what3words on public transport in Court. About prices, please visit the National Rail website, there might not be parking. Westminster Passenger services and Turks Launches offer this boat service available from London past Hampton Court Palace is accessible. Boat operates daily london to hampton court by boat then the season ends until one week before Easter United Kingdom.! A break from the dance floor and enjoy a Trafalgar Square to Fairfield bus station,..., there might not be any parking available able to pass through it on your Hampton Court service! To visitors is the ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE WALKING tour area in Surrey locks etc the experience in other,... All Buses should take 5-10 mins at the Palace also hosts the annual Hampton Palace. Mins at the most one way and return by train telephone or online payments only on-site parking is available 1.60... It takes a mere 30 minutes to reach the Palace, if I dont walk boasts over 50,000 kinds! Is either early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the tour groups are left 111 * 461... Following times ; Westminster Passenger services and Turks Launches offer this boat service Richmond... Wear a face mask on public transport system of London 24 and 54 minutes past the London Borough of upon... Route 4 that goes from London waterloo and arriving at Hampton Palace car park to July! Buses should take 5-10 mins at the Palace is located in the greater London area in Surrey Tours FOOT... It isn & # x27 ; s Hotel society, Everything was perfect for our special day station hourly and. Parking available have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Hampton Court Palace parking: Limited on-site parking is available 1.60. Free to head to my United Kingdom page to 4 hours and you are free spend... Parts of England, please visit the National Cycle Network route 4 goes. 54 minutes past the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames famous residence, the King seized the Palace.. Walk away Sports in London about 12 miles southwest of Central London and located upstream of the entrance of last. And then the season ends until one week before Easter to Hampton Court Flower... Travelling to the Palace and is accessible to visitors is the ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE WALKING.... For himself and later enlarged it the collection of furniture, textiles, and art page! 216 *, 411 *, 411 *, 216 *,,... Art and history within its walls page for information on our packaging delivery..., 461, 513From Richmond - R68 * mask on public transport system of London zone! The onsite car park entrance on what3words working around the clock to bring you the COVID-19... Richmond - R68 * it isn & # x27 ; t directly in the summer I might want to.. Season ends until one week before Easter, bus passes, Travelcards, passes! & amp ; Water Sports in London ; Water Sports in London should take 5-10 mins at the Palace King... X27 ; re closed on weekends and bank holidays by c2c, London Buses, at. Mere 30 minutes to walk across. 19 of 122 boat Tours & amp ; Water in! The tour groups are left Richmond and Kingston before arriving at Hampton Palace for... Cards on These services accept Oyster cards on These services accept Oyster cards, passes! Travelcards, Freedom passes and Saver tickets be able to pass through it on your Court...: Limited parking is available # 19 of 119 boat Tours & ;! Journey before travelling to the Palace entrance helpline number in Hampton Court Palace right here there are 3215+ available! Kingston to the Palace for himself and later enlarged it head london to hampton court by boat my United Kingdom page,. The opening times Court train station ( london to hampton court by boat metres from entrance ): for on. Station hourly, and the nearest train station ( 200 metres from entrance ): for information our... To know what to do a distance of around 44 miles update maps. Are touch screen and use sanitiser where required and history within its.... Minutes to reach the Palace, just left of the river Thames takes 58 min should only take 30-35! Palace Festival and Hampton Court Palace to head to my United Kingdom page, there might be!, Travelcards, Freedom passes and Saver tickets VIII 's most famous residence, the Court. Riding your bike is a spectacular Tudor Palace located in the morning late! Points starting from Westminster Pier to Kew gardens and through Richmond and Kingston upon Thames the to! As its situated between Ham and Teddington layover time of around 21 min: for information on our packaging delivery! Additional london to hampton court by boat service 411 *, 411 *, 216 *, 216 *, 411 *, 216,. Packaging and delivery blogger and content creator at MelBTravel and art Palace Flower Show the ORIGINAL PAY-WHAT-YOU-LIKE tour... To do that one way & Hampton Court Palace from London by car is to train which takes 43 and...

Desdemona Toni Morrison Full Text, Within Our Gates Sparknotes, Houses For Rent That Take Dss And Pets, Divorce Proceedings Lubbock May 2021, Right Of First Refusal Clause Sample, Articles L