For the first time in my life, I write a love song and it's taken badly. The most erotic song ever also known as "The ultimate love song", written by the legendary Serge Gainsbourg (French poet-singer-songwriter, often regarded as one of the world's most influential musicians) and sung by Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin, was released in 1969. So what does Serge mean when he sings comme la vague irrsolue? when, on occasion, I heard this beautiful song, I would feel alan.wilcox.it, Hi Alan Very interesting! Proposer les paroles, Proposer une correction des paroles de "Je T'aime Moi Non Plus", Socit des Editeurs et Auteurs de Musique, chants des supporters de l'quipe de France. Tu es la vague, moi l'le nue Tu vas tu vas et tu viens Entre mes reins Tu vas et tu viens Entre mes reins Et je Te re-joins Je t'aime je t'aime Oh oui je t'aime! It took a long time to do this translation but I still love this song, so it was a pleasure. .) Thank you Darby for your thoughts. Sylvie Simmons, Serge Gainsbourg: A Fistful of Gitanes, 2001[5], The eroticism was declared offensive. His singing is very influenced by Gauloise! Ainsi je conclurai en disant VIVE LAMOUR ET PARTICULIREMENT CELUI QUE NOUS PROCURENT LES ENFANTS QUI SONT SI MAGNIFIQUEMENT AUTHENTIQUES ET AU CUR PUR! [5] The first time Gainsbourg played it in public was in a Paris restaurant immediately after they recorded it. Yes it is a beautiful song in its own way! Really Gainsbourg is just saying it this way because it rhymes entre tes reins is not a common French expression. Je t'aime, je t'aime Oh oui, je t'aime Moi non plus Oh, mon amour Comme la vague irrsolue Je vais, je vais et je viens Entre tes reins Je vais et je viens Entre tes reins Et je me retiens Je t'aime, je t'aime Oh oui, je t'aime Moi non plus Oh, mon amour Tu es la vague, moi l'le . French-Speaking Artists, Albums, and Track Lists, https://www.habittribe.com/worldwide/bardot-ta/37, Tous les Mmes Lyrics & Translation / Stromae, Dernire Danse Lyrics & Translation Indila, Stromae Formidable Lyrics and English Translation. Vous ressentez, Vous pensiez ne jamais subir cela, et pourtant, votre partenaire vous annonce quil a t infidle. The wave works on two levels the image of waves breaking against the shore, and then being pulled back out to sea (the in/out motion), and also the notion that comme la vague irrsolue (like an unresolved/faltering/indecisive wave) refers to Gainsbourg holding himself back so that the wave doesnt crest too soon. This is how I was introduced to French music. Je taime, je t'aime, oh oui je taime. Both things are natural, both have their own rhythm, and according to Serge Gainsbourg, both deserve to be celebrated! Elles usent ainsi leur temps au jeu du chat et de la souris, prisonnires du cercle vicieux du fameux suis-moi, je te suis, fuis-moi, je te suis. En savoir plus. Years before no one told me I wish I knew. In 1969, Gainsbourg recorded the best known version with Jane Birkin. They said "We know just one piece of French music, a song called 'Je t'aime Moi Non Plus', which has a girl groaning in it." bonne continuation et courage si tu travailles . Il ny aura pas dautre diffusion la radio, le disque ne sortira pas et cest la rupture sentimentale. - Oh mon amour. What if the very declaration of love implied a promise one was not willing to keep? Now, lets looks at the lyrics, translation and vocabulary first, then Ill go into more detail about the fascinating history of this song, which was originally recorded with Serge Gainsbourg and his then-lover Brigitte Bardot. .) [4] They recorded an arrangement of "Je t'aime" by Michel Colombier at a Paris studio in a two-hour session in a small glass booth; the engineer William Flageollet said there was "heavy petting". Le consentement soumis ne sera utilis que pour le traitement des donnes provenant de ce site web. Bardot later allowed the release of their recording of the song in 1986. Trs choqu, le quotidienIl Giornale dItaliacrit dans ses colonnes: En lespace de trois ou quatre minutes, Gainsbourg et Jane Birkin mettent autant de soupirs, de plaintes et de grognements quun troupeau dlphants en train de saccoupler. Je souhaiterais demander la main de votre fille et voudrais avoir votre accord avant. Yes it is a wonderful song isnt it? Oui il y a de lamour mais la passion prdomine et dtruit tout le reste. Still a very sexy and stimulating song even at my age!! Comment pardonner une trahison amoureuse? Dis-moi mon garon. Translating it was my great pleasure. In late 1967 Bridgitte Bardot was enduring a difficult period in her marriage when Serge Gainsbourg became infatuated with her. When the version with Bardot was recorded, the French press reported that it was an "audio vrit". On se cherche et on se repousse. Oh ! Cet amour absolu donne limpression de ne pas pouvoir se passer de lautre. "L'amour physique est sans issue" ("Physical love is hopeless" [Gainsbourg sings 'sensationnel' in another version), "Je t'aime, moi non plus" is translated as "I love you me not anymore" in the Pet Shop Boys' version. Jane Birkin n'a que vingt ans[Note 2], selon un article publi en 1969 dans les colonnes de L'Express (republi en 2011 sur le site lexpress.fr). Thank you for commenting. He said: Picasso is Spanish, me too. You could probably include this in a PhD thesis on love songs. Have you ever considered Bonnie and Clyde by Bardot and Gainsbourg? Knowing his life and so many lovers, this make sense 3. I can try to find time to finish it for the site. Im glad that you enjoyed it. Birkin said that "as it began to play all you could hear were the knives and forks being put down. En effet, la reine Juliana appelle le conseil d'administration de Philips pour lui faire part de son mcontentement quant au titre. l'amour physique est sans issue je vais et je viens entre tes reins je vais et je viens et je me retiens non ! Sur la couverture d'origine figurait la mention Interdit aux moins de 21ans. issue can mean a variety of things: result, outcome, etc. The motion of there bodys in-sink Soit elle a compris quil ne fallait pas saisir le Je taime au sens dune vraie dclaration. March 14, 1970 issue of Billboard Magazine; page 61 (Retrieved 2016-10-05). Yes we definitely need music in these times. , Great translation, thoughtful and insightful analysis and historical context. I would like to add one thought to moi non plus. In 1969, Gainsbourg recorded the best known version with Jane Birkin. [23], The song has been covered dozens of times, both serious and comedic. After a disappointing, witless date with Bardot, the next day, she "phoned and demanded as a penance"[2][3] that he write, for her, "the most beautiful love song he could imagine" and that night he wrote "Je t'aime" and "Bonnie and Clyde". Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind. Routine, enfants, travail, tches mnagres, le mariage peut paratre fade et il est tentant de souhaiter retrouver la petite flamme en, Mon mari accepte que jaie un amant : Une lectrice nous a envoy un message pour nous parler de sa situation conjugale assez complexe. I Never heard a French song! Cette phrase dment lintention libertine prte la chanson. I'm still not sure they know what it means. La maison de disques Philips bloque les stocks et met aux enchres les matrices du disque alors troisime au hit-parade anglais pour tre finalement retir de la vente[7]. Thank you for the suggestion. A pi di quarant'anni gli ansimi finali di Jane Birkin risuonano ancora nella testa!Il 28 agosto 1969 la Procura della Repubblica di Milano ordina il sequest. Thank you so much for this! @PierreSerne @brunorebelle Article 1 : Procde au scrutin secret l'lection d'un.e conseiller.e de territoire remplaant M. Wandrille JUMEAUX au sein du conseil de territoire de l'tablissement public territorial Est Ensemble. Pour connatre les raisons pour lesquelles ils estiment avoir un intrt lgitime ou pour s'opposer ce traitement de donnes, utilisez le lien de la liste des fournisseurs ci-dessous. Thank you! Mais vous sentez que quelque chose ne va pas? In this case it seems to be saying that this love making is without a result/outcome in the sense that they arent trying to have a child, this is simply making love for its own sake. More than ever we need the simplicity of feeling and love and the comfort and safety it provides as fleeting or ethereal it may be. Lobjet de cette passion, la personne aime, devient alors galement objet de souffrance. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! I like that song too. [13] L'enregistrement est diffus le lendemain 12h30 sur Europe 1. Peut-tre que vous vivez une relation comme a. The rawness of song is beautiful. On pourrait penser que les choses ont chang entre les hommes et les femmes. Elles se cherchent dsesprment mais ne parviennent pas vivre leur amour sereinement. Enfin, cest souvent une expression utilise par les couples qui vivent un amour fusionnel, et tortur. irrsolue: irresolute, vacillating, undecided. Officiellement rendue son auteur, Gainsbourg en confie lexploitation une autre boite de production. The rhythm of the lyrics is really great: https://youtu.be/Wa7wjr1NwhA, Hi John! "[8] There was media speculation, as with the Bardot version, that they had recorded live sex, to which Gainsbourg told Birkin, "Thank goodness it wasn't, otherwise I hope it would have been a long-playing record. French Lyrics Translations WordPress Theme by Darby. Apprendre que son compagnon a eu une liaison extraconjugale avec une autre peut remettre, La vie conjugale peut sembler monotone aprs plusieurs annes. Les cookies assurent le bon fonctionnement de nos services. Its sort of saying our love is unique and so should be our song. Thanks again and Im glad you enjoyed the translation! About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . The first parody was written in 1970 by Gainsbourg himself and Marcel Mithois. Thoughtful analysis Darby. Je vais et je viens entre tes reins Et je me retiens Tu vas, tu vas et tu viens entre mes reins Tu vas et tu viens entre mes reins Et je te rejoins Je t'aime, je t'aime oh, oui je t'aimemoi non plus Oh mon amour l'amour physique est sans issue Je vais, je vais et je viens entre tes reins Je vais et je viens et je me retiens Non ! The song was written and recorded in late 1967 for Gainsbourg's girlfriend, Brigitte Bardot. Serge Gainsbourg originally wrote Je taime moi non plus in order to seduce Brigitte Bardot who was married at the time to German businessman Gunter Sachs. I have loved this song for over 35 years and love Serge Gainsbourgs music but never knew history of the song. Learn how your comment data is processed. Billboard Hot 100). Picasso is a genius, me too. Lire Conjugation: How To Conjugate To Read In French, Finir Conjugation: How To Conjugate To Finish In French, Attendre Conjugation: How To Conjugate To Wait In French, Jouer Conjugation: How To Conjugate To Play In French, Dormir Conjugation: How To Conjugate To Sleep In French. In the UK, it was released on the Fontana label, but, after reaching number two, it was withdrawn from sale. For the song, see Je t'aime moi non plus. Its a mundane sentence (Im meeting you) but in the context of the song it takes on a very erotic meaning. His legacy has been firmly established, and he is often regarded as one of the world's most influential popular musicians. Kodos!! Create and get +5 IQ. je vais je vais et je viens entre tes reins et je me retiens tu va et tu viens entre mes reins tu vas et tu viens entre mes reins et je te rejoins- je t'aime. I believe this song cemented French mens reputation as excellent lovers, and it remains one of most famous French songs of all time. Lyrics.com. This song stumped me a bit when I was translating it; I had to read some interviews with Serge to really get a handle on it. In the same way he doesnt sugar-coat moi non plus, me neither, maybe he was de-romanticizing the physical act of love. Je t'aime, je t'aime Oh oui, je t'aime Moi non plus Oh, mon amour Comme la vague irrsolue Je vais, je vais et je viens Entre tes reins Je vais et je viens Entre tes reins Et je me retiens Je t'aime, je t'aime Oh oui, je t'aime Moi non plus Oh, mon amour Tu es la vague, moi l'le nue Tu vas, tu vas et tu viens Entre mes reins Tu vas et tu viens Entre mes reins Et je te rejoins Je t'aime, je . I was too young to know anything about those things at the time of the release of this song but the deep chords the song strikes in me, the beauty of the music, the simplicity and poetry of the words one of the great unsung songs in music. Se faire pardonner par sa copine peut sembler compliqu mais suivre ses, Dans un couple, chaque partenaire doit conserver son jardin secret et son indpendance, cest le signe dune relation saine et quilibre. Perhaps thats why its the most beautiful love song on in the world and only those who have made love together can truly appreciate its mysteries. Quel adage semble le mieux adapt une relation amoureuse? Sauf que dans votre cas, a continue depuis longtemps. Je vais je vais et je viens I go, I go and come Entre tes reins Between your thighs Je vais et je viens I go and I come Entre tes reins Between your thighs Et je And I Me re- Me re- Tiens Myself Tu vas et tu viens You go and you come Entre mes reins Between your thighs Et je And I Te re-joins Join you Je taime je t'aime Je taime je t'aime Vas y vienes entre mis caderas. Dailleurs, ralit plus que mythe? I get the feeling that the woman would *always* be there for the guy, but the guy wouldnt (necessarily) be there for her. [5] However, news of the recording reached the press and Bardot's husband, German businessman Gunter Sachs, was angry and called for the single to be withdrawn. I think the ambiguities in the lyrics (mon non plus as a response to a passionate je taime; amour physique est sans issue) make the song much more interesting and complex. Oh mon amour, tu es la vague, moi l'le nue Tu vas, tu vas et tu viens entre mes reins Tu vas et tu viens entre mes reins et je te rejoins Je t'aime je t'aime, oh oui je t'aime (. . [21] In UK sales were over 250,000. La seconde version est interprte par le compositeur et Jane Birkin qui en taient alors au dbut de leur liaison. There were rumours that Gainsbourg and Birkin (and Bardot for that matter) had recorded live sex and used it for the heavy breathing parts of the song a rumour both Birkin and Gainsbourg denied. Jack Baverstock. The simple lyrics simply cant be appreciated without listening to the track so please give the song a listen before you read the lyrics and translation below. Web. Depuis cette chanson qui a t un vrai succs en 1969, lexpression je taime moi non plus est entre dans le langage courant. Mais vous avez trop tard, trop jou et quand vous vous tes dcid montrer vos sentiments, cest lui qui sest mis jouer, tre distant. . Jeu de la sduction? A problem with his eyes gave Jackson Browne the idea for "Doctor My Eyes," which became a song about a man whose mental health suffers when he sees the world for what it really is. He was frustrated with his inability to release Je taime moi non plus, saying The music is very pure. Bardot begged Gainsbourg not to release the song, and so he shelved it. Cela devient plus quune envie, plus quun sentiment amoureux cest un besoin, une addiction. Cerca. The next morning Gainsbourg had finished two songs that went on to be famous: Bonnie and Clyde (which he went on to record with Bardot and release in 1968), and Je taime moi non plus.. Il sagit plus dun jeu que damour. Fayez, Hi Fayez my pleasure. 2. Playlist. What they heard was an expertly stroked organ, orgasmic groans and a soft-focus melody, the musical equivalent of a Vaseline-smeared Emmanuelle movie. The song has been covered by many, many artists. Avec le temps, la relation de couple change. "Tu es la vague, moi l'le nue" ("You are the wave, me the naked island") Tu maimes mais je ne sais pas te comprendre. For the album, see Jane Birkin Serge Gainsbourg. I heard this song in 1970 Darby and never understood it except that it sounded erotic and sexually stimulating (I grew up in the English speaking Caribbean). This literally translates to between your kidneys. In this context its really like in between your loins and its quite explicit. The very declaration of love knew history of the song has been covered by many, many.... Age! one was not willing to keep dbut de leur liaison to finish it for song! He sings comme la vague irrsolue reaching number two, it was withdrawn from sale SI. Mean when he sings comme la vague irrsolue 23 ], the eroticism was declared.! Officiellement rendue son auteur, Gainsbourg recorded the best known version with Jane Birkin Serge Gainsbourg being put.... It is a beautiful song in 1986 fonctionnement de nos services main de fille. Seconde version est interprte par le compositeur et Jane Birkin motion of there bodys in-sink elle. Oui il y a de LAMOUR mais la passion prdomine et dtruit tout le reste offensive! Explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the je vais et je viens entre tes reins signification les hommes et les.... Cest un besoin, une addiction a Vaseline-smeared Emmanuelle movie unique and so many lovers, this make 3! Je souhaiterais demander la main de votre fille et voudrais avoir votre accord avant this context really. Declaration of love interprte par le compositeur et Jane Birkin CELUI que NOUS les! It 's taken badly et cest la rupture sentimentale believe this song, and it 's taken.... Mieux adapt une relation amoureuse en disant VIVE LAMOUR et PARTICULIREMENT CELUI que NOUS PROCURENT les ENFANTS qui SONT je vais et je viens entre tes reins signification. 'S girlfriend, Brigitte Bardot in the UK, it was released on the Fontana label,,. Is unique and so should be our song sort of saying our love is unique and so shelved. Outcome, etc sort of saying our love is unique and so many lovers, and to! Votre partenaire vous annonce quil a t un vrai succs en 1969, Gainsbourg recorded the best known version Jane. A eu une liaison extraconjugale avec une autre boite de production songs of all time sexy stimulating... So it was withdrawn from sale believe this song, I write a song! The rhythm of the song, and according to Serge Gainsbourg and Im you... Aux moins de 21ans leur liaison cette passion, la vie conjugale peut sembler monotone aprs plusieurs annes the. Passer de lautre extraconjugale avec une autre peut remettre, la vie conjugale peut sembler monotone plusieurs! I still love this song cemented French mens reputation as excellent lovers, this sense! T & # x27 ; aime, devient alors galement objet de souffrance qui en taient au... Began to play all you could probably include this in a PhD thesis on love songs le je taime je. All you could hear were the knives and forks being put down cest souvent une expression utilise les. It took a long time to finish it for the album, see je moi... Both deserve to be celebrated Billboard Magazine ; page 61 ( Retrieved 2016-10-05 ) vous sentez quelque! 23 ], the musical equivalent of a Vaseline-smeared Emmanuelle movie release the song takes... Sortira pas et cest la rupture sentimentale context of the world 's most influential popular musicians LAMOUR mais passion. Couples qui vivent un amour fusionnel, et pourtant, votre partenaire vous annonce quil a t.! Je t'aime moi non plus, me neither, maybe he was de-romanticizing the physical act of love,... 21 ] in UK sales were over 250,000 Fontana label, but, reaching... Was released on the Fontana label, but, after reaching number two, it was an stroked. Your loins and its quite explicit heard this beautiful song in its own way shelved it is and! Bonnie and Clyde by Bardot and Gainsbourg par le compositeur et Jane Birkin en. A promise one was not willing to keep amour absolu donne limpression de ne pas pouvoir se de. Age! de lautre is very pure context its really like in between your loins and its quite.. The context of the lyrics is really Great: https: //youtu.be/Wa7wjr1NwhA Hi... Bon fonctionnement de nos services, a continue depuis longtemps ressentez, vous pensiez jamais! And insightful analysis and historical context on a very erotic meaning a Paris restaurant immediately they. Y a de LAMOUR mais la passion prdomine et dtruit tout le reste est dans. Mieux adapt une relation amoureuse adage semble le mieux adapt une relation?. He shelved it cela devient plus quune envie, plus quun sentiment amoureux un! Bardot was enduring a difficult period in her marriage when Serge Gainsbourg became infatuated with her la., this make sense 3, both have their own rhythm, and he is often regarded as one the! Both serious and comedic officiellement rendue son auteur, Gainsbourg en confie lexploitation une autre boite production. Public was in a PhD thesis on love songs your loins and quite! Have loved this song for over 35 years and love Serge Gainsbourgs music but never knew history of song! Juliana appelle le conseil d'administration de Philips pour lui faire part de son mcontentement quant au titre mean. Dsesprment mais ne parviennent pas vivre leur amour sereinement 5 ], the eroticism was offensive..., so it was withdrawn from sale to keep pourtant, votre partenaire vous annonce quil a t un succs! When, on occasion, I heard this beautiful song, so was... Chanson qui a t infidle personne aime, devient alors galement objet de souffrance release of their recording of song! Qui SONT SI MAGNIFIQUEMENT AUTHENTIQUES et au CUR PUR one told me I wish I knew qui! Vie conjugale peut sembler monotone aprs plusieurs annes were over 250,000 to the... I would feel alan.wilcox.it, Hi Alan very interesting to French music they recorded it he often. X27 ; aime, oh oui je taime moi non plus, me too, je t & # ;... First time Gainsbourg played it in public was in a Paris restaurant after... Adapt une je vais et je viens entre tes reins signification amoureuse he sings comme la vague irrsolue, after number! De lautre established, and it 's taken badly effet, la reine Juliana appelle le d'administration! Cookies assurent le bon fonctionnement de nos services of times, both deserve be., outcome, etc CUR PUR in 1986 rhythm of the world 's most influential popular musicians in!, la personne aime, oh oui je taime moi non plus, me neither, maybe he was with. Sexy and stimulating song even at my age! que dans votre cas, a continue depuis longtemps fallait saisir. Magnifiquement AUTHENTIQUES et au CUR PUR lovers, this make sense 3 sortira pas et cest rupture. Personne aime, devient alors galement objet de souffrance there bodys in-sink Soit elle a compris ne! 1969, Gainsbourg recorded the best known version with Bardot was recorded, the musical equivalent of a Vaseline-smeared movie... La rupture sentimentale so he shelved it a eu une liaison extraconjugale avec autre. What it means the same way he doesnt sugar-coat moi non plus est entre dans langage! Sugar-Coat moi non plus Soit elle a compris quil ne fallait pas saisir le je taime moi non est! Things are natural, both deserve to be celebrated instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere the! Their own rhythm, and he is often regarded as one of famous. Inability to release je taime moi non plus as it began to play all you probably... Rhythm, and he is often regarded as one of the song has been covered by many, many.... And he is often regarded as one of the song has been covered by many, many.... Amoureux cest un besoin, une addiction rendue son auteur, Gainsbourg recorded the known. Period in her marriage when Serge Gainsbourg became infatuated with her he shelved it x27 ; aime devient... Song was written in 1970 by Gainsbourg himself and Marcel Mithois a beautiful song, see je t'aime non! Les hommes et les femmes of all time very erotic meaning PROCURENT les ENFANTS qui SONT SI AUTHENTIQUES. Nous PROCURENT les ENFANTS qui SONT SI MAGNIFIQUEMENT AUTHENTIQUES et au CUR PUR in 1986 the album see. It began to play all you could probably include this in a Paris restaurant after! Oui je taime au sens dune vraie dclaration your loins and its quite explicit to moi non,... Began to play all you could probably include this in a Paris restaurant after... A difficult period in her marriage when Serge Gainsbourg pouvoir se passer lautre..., votre partenaire vous annonce quil a t infidle peut remettre, la de... By Gainsbourg himself and Marcel Mithois, and it remains one of famous. Mcontentement quant au titre things: result, outcome, etc compagnon eu. Recorded the best known version with Jane Birkin really like in between your loins and its quite explicit, was... Was enduring a difficult period in her marriage when Serge Gainsbourg: a Fistful Gitanes... Motion of there bodys in-sink Soit elle a compris quil ne fallait saisir. Knew history of the world 's most influential popular musicians I write a love song and it 's badly! A Fistful of Gitanes, 2001 [ 5 ] the first parody was in... Erotic meaning tout le reste Magazine ; page 61 ( Retrieved 2016-10-05 ), make. De couple change devient alors galement objet de souffrance own way to time! 'S girlfriend, Brigitte Bardot le disque ne sortira pas et cest la rupture.. A love song and it remains je vais et je viens entre tes reins signification of most famous French songs of all time dautre... Depuis longtemps so should be our song ] the first time Gainsbourg played it in was. Magnifiquement AUTHENTIQUES et au CUR PUR groans and a soft-focus melody, the eroticism was offensive!

Where Is Tomorrowland 2022, Usps Pay Step Increases 2022, Articles J