Priestley received 114 votes, and 37.50% of the total votes. A community must provide the services that its residents need or want, otherwise, they will go or move to where the services are. Income Tax Forms. As of 11:07 p.m., over three hours after polls closed on Nov. 8, only 32 of Genesee County's 206 precincts had reported any results. Flint City Council has selected new leadership in its regular council elections. Lewis says it's a business that city can't afford not to take part in. Flint City Council candidates in the Ward 6 primary election on Aug. 3 are show (from left): Tonya Burns, Chris Del Morone, Terae M. King Jr., and Claudia Perkins. Here are the candidate responses, listed in alphabetical order, to a questionnaire submitted to MLive-The Flint Journal. Will work with whoever is on City Council, in the administration or in the mayors office for the betterment of the 6th Ward and the city of Flint at large. Police Chief Terence Green called the messages concerning and threatening in nature.. Of the 7,516 registered voters in this ward, 306 voted. The former mayor criticized the time it has taken the Neeley administration to spend American Rescue Plan Act funds and reminded voters of her role in declaring a state of emergency due to the Flint water crisis. Not in any particular order as all can be worked on simultaneously. Thats what we have to do. Mays tries to help us with whatever is going on. WHAT OFFICE ARE YOU SEEKING: 6th Ward Flint City Council. Neeley, a former state representative and Flint City Council member, defeated former Mayor Karen Weaver in. Flint has until May 1 to determine which yards need repairs, Lawson said Friday. EDUCATION: Bachelors of Business Administration degree from Davenport University. Well send you a handful of interesting Detroit stories every morning. She graduated from the University of Michigan-Flint, and then left for college at Western Michigan University where she earned her Ph.D in Sociology. Kate Fields, the incumbent in the fourth ward and the council president, did not retain her council seat. We need more police. Of those over the age of 25 in the ward, around 13% have a college degree, while 19% have not earned a high school degree. There is no I in TEAM. I believe a councilperson is supposed to serve the people and thats what I will do. Supporting the work thats already happening. Twenty-five petitions were certified to make the ballot on Tuesday. st charles mayor election She replaced Dennis Pfeiffer (Ward 8). I hope I can live up to the responsibility that the voters of the ward entrusted to me, and I hope I can help make the fourth ward a better place to live, Priestley said. I want to make this a place where people are moving to and coming to instead of moving away fromit is my goal to change the narrative of the north side.. I understand that it would be my job to represent the needs of the 6th Ward residents as my focus and priority. Also get calls about missed garbage pick-ups, issues with sidewalks that need fixing.. Thank you!! Gretchen Whitmer, Attorney General Dana Nessel, and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson leading in their respective races as of roughly 9:30 p.m. according to the Associated Press (AP). Within the first 30 days, I want to hold a Sixth Ward, town hall meetingI want to hear how people are feeling and what concerns they have, she said. Steve Neavling There were 664 ballots cast in this ward. More by Kate Stockrahm, A voter passes by a voting sign outside of the Flint City Hall polling station in Flint, Mich. on Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. Crime is a plague in and on our community, destroying individuals, families and placing a stress on our social and economic institutions. Sat on two advisory boards for the YWCA. Right after volunteers held a major cleanup in the first ward, Edwards said someone dumped a bunch of tires, trees, and debris in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 2 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 3 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 4 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 7 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 8 primary election. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). In a 6-3 vote, Council Woman Allie Herkenroder (Ward 7) was elected president of the council. They are argumentative and as a body highly dysfunctional. IF SO, PLEASE LIST THE OFFICE AND THE YEARS HELD: District alternate committee representative (four years) then shop committee 8.5 years. Report Blight. Here are the ward-by-ward results from Tuesdays primary with the candidates who are advancing to the general election highlighted in bold. It cited the. First Ward Lapointe: What if Michigan enforced the gun laws already on the books? FLINT, MI -- So many people have filed to run for Flint City Council that there apparently will be run-off elections in every ward in the city later this year. Tonya Burns, Chris Del Morone, Terae King Jr., and Claudia Perkins are the candidates on the Aug. 3 primary ballot, with the two top vote-getters moving on to the general election in November. Murphy got 126 votes, which was 33.96% of all of the votes. flint central high school hauntedmary calderon quintanilla 27 februari, 2023 . Flint, MIFlint voters looking for local 2022 general election outcomes will need to wait a bit longer. Genesee County Clerk Domonique Clemons said on Monday, Feb. 27, that . Ward 8: Allan Griggs 178, William C. Harris, Jr. 99, Dennis Pfeiffer 193, Thomas Ross 101. He said he participates in many various cleanups, from mowing and maintaining the old Jefferson School, to cleaning up Dewey Park, and being a part of the Genesee County Land Banks Clean and Green program. It is the second smallest ward geographically, and has a population of around 10,000. WHAT IS YOUR ASSESSMENT OF THE CURRENT CITY COUNCIL AND WHAT STEPS WOULD YOU TAKE TO CHANGE THE CULTURE OF THE CITY COUNCIL? There was a problem saving your notification. He has also focused on his efforts to improve public safety and accused Weaver of financial mismanagement during her time as mayor. Customer Service. EDUCATION: Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Michigan-Flint. Amy Diaz is a journalist hailing from St. Petersburg, FL. What time and day does the flint city council meet? Thats about 7.8% of the registered voters in the ward. In the third ward, A.C. Dumas and Quincy Murphy received the most votes. Michael Vaughn, a resident of the first ward for 40 years, says abandoned homes are one of the main issues in the ward. I am young with a passion to serve in the same manner in which I like being served. William Harris received 99 votes, which was 17.34% of the total. In the eighth ward, Current Councilman Allan Griggs and Dennis Pfeiffer received the most votes. First ward Councilman Eric Mays, Fifth ward Councilwoman Jerri Winfrey-Carter, and Ninth ward Councilwoman Eva Worthing have retained their seats. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. It has been difficult to retain current employees because of these issues. Like we dint need a state park and if we did they could pick a better location .then look at the long out look of it .can flint afford to keep it up as the years go by .how will we patrol it from crime or litter .theres more than to dig a hole put benches in and trash cans and stuff to call it s park unless like all state parks it will be fenced off with a gate and have reg hours to visit and charge a park fee to go in. Any monies spent improperly will be required to be paid back. Certified Results from the Nov.2/2021 City-Council-Election. Flint's 'comeback story' at odds with its bleak fiscal outlook Chad Livengood Flint's pension fund is 36% funded, down from 49% in 2015 City overspending less than two years after state. Metro Times Daily newsletter. Here you will be able to apply for various licenses and permits, request public records through the Freedom of Information Act, and learn about upcoming elections. on Residents want solutions and fighters who can start winning and its time for a positive change. Flint residents vote in Aug. 3 primary election, (This story has been updated to reflect the correct number of votes cast for Dennis Pfeiffer in the Ward 8 election.). "This proposal came from the Legal Department and a lot of different areas like Detroit and a lot of different tourist spots, they have this," said Lewis. The neighborhood groups in the first ward are already tackling some of these issues themselves, but need as much support as they can get. MOUNT VERNON A Mount Vernon resident is asking Mount Vernon City Council members to recommend the Municipal Planning Commission reconsider its decision regarding a housing development on Newark Road. Neeley, Weaver advance to November showdown in race for Flint mayor, Police investigate threats made against Flint mayor, Neeley, Weaver answer five critical questions about their campaigns to head Flint. Of all the registered voters in the fifth ward, 6.79% of them voted in this election. DTE and Consumers Energy keep blaming the weather for Michigans power outages, Traverse City man pleads guilty to felony for his role in Jan. 6 insurrection. The seat had been vacant since Councilman Eric Mays (Ward 1) was removed through a vote by his colleagues in April of this year. Mays said that one of the main calls he gets from residents have to do with public safety. The results show that out of the nine wards, Flint now has six new council members. Flint has until May 1 to determine which yards need repairs, Lawson said Friday. Mays, whos been on the Flint City Council for almost eight years, won the last election in 2017 with 1404 votesthe most votes any candidate received in that election, and nearly three times as many as his opponent. Along with public safety, blight is an issue Mays hears about from his constituents all the time. Flint has to focus on recruiting, hiring, and training to maintain proper and safe staffing levels for the police and fire departments. But while his constituents support him, some of his fellow council members dont. These three priorities impact the economic and community development of the city, having a major impact on attracting new businesses and people to come to our community to move forward the growth of the municipality. HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY BEEN ELECTED TO OFFICE? For what?? I have attended more City Council meetings than all of my opponents combined and have a good understanding of how and who runs most of the citys departments and a good working relationship with them. More than 30% of registered voters in Flint cast ballots in Tuesdays election and Neeley collected 11,692 of the 23,484 votes. Of the registered fourth ward voters, only 6.09% of them voted. The first ward has the least amount of park acreage, and the second highest number of religious organizations of any ward, according to the report. Lewis was born and raised in the second ward. Dennis Pfeiffer has taken the eighth ward seat with 450 votes, which was 54.41% of the total. This is the first in a weekly series in which Flint Beat will explore the issues in each of the city's nine wards and talk to the candidates running to represent them. Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm*. Flint City Council has selected new leadership in its regular council elections. Her opponent, Judy Priestley, won with 254 votes and 55.34% of the total. DTE and Consumers Energy keep blaming the weather for Michigans power outages, Traverse City man pleads guilty to felony for his role in Jan. 6 insurrection. 2023 Your Community, Your Voice, Your News. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. In the third ward, Santino Guerra decided not to run for re-election. He joined the team as a corps member of Report for America, a national service program that places journalists into local newsrooms to report on under-covered Flint, MI- The Flint City Council election is today, and a few council seats are going to change. Im excited that the residents are going to have somebody that they can depend on, trust, be able to call, work with, roll up our sleeves, hit the ground running.. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. The victory result for Neeley is a repeat of the 2019 mayoral election, a contest in which he defeated Weaver by just 205 votes to win his first term. When they ever take action, I will. Former Flint city councilman and current state. The City Council Office is a separate entity than the City Clerk's Office but is still managed by the City Clerk. "The whole point of meetings for (some council members) is to. In a 6-3 vote, Council Woman Allie Herkenroder (Ward 7) was elected president of the council. City council holds authority to appoint an interim city clerk during transition Certified Candidates for Flint School Board The Flint City Clerk's Office has officially certified fifteen City of Flint residents as candidates for the November 8, 2022, election for five open seats PETITIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FLINT BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCIES I think one of the biggest challenges as the first ward councilperson is trying to get the various councilpersons to understand how to operate and what our job is in a council meeting, Mays said. They show up late, leave early, or do not show up at all. In the 6th Ward, there are no restaurants, no laundromats and the list goes on. About Flint; Visit Flint; City Charter and Code of Ordinances; For Businesses; For Residents; Contact Us; Menu. Of all the registered voters in the eighth ward, 8.62% of them voted in this election. The general election on Nov. 2 has resulted in six newcomers joining the council, and only three incumbents remaining. My top three priorities are: Public Safety (police/fire), blight and economic development. Residents who have chosen to stay in Flint are truly " Resilient Flinstones and that describes me. Edwards said the burned and empty homes are also a safety hazard, especially for the kids in the neighborhood who run around and play outside. In addition to the Flint City Council races Fenton and Flushing elected mayors and council members. Burns said shes excited to get to work with the other new council members and get things done, but also that she wants to work with the residents. My solution would be to prayerfully use my influence to change the thought process of those I will be working with on the council to bring unity to help move the city forward to make Flint a place to be desired to live in and business will want to invest. Accept Read More, 2018 - The Flint Courier News. But all the other wards will have new representation for the next five years. Subscribe now to not miss a thing. I want to listen to everyones concerns. At a recent council meeting, he also requested the city administration share with the council what the other bids for garbage collection are, following delays in pick up from Republic Services. Fenton, Linden school districts seeking millage renewals on August ballot, Birch Run Schools making 2nd attempt to pass vital millage renewal, avoid cuts, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 2 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 3 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 4 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 6 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 7 primary election, Meet the Flint City Council candidates in Ward 8 primary election. We must all play a role. Before launching Motor City Muckraker, Scroll to read more Politics & Elections articles. Please contact the City Clerk's office at (810) 766-7414. Those new ward boundaries will be in place for the 2026 elections when, according to the new city charter, both the mayor and city council elections will be held at the same time as elections for governor. Mays wont appear on the ballot for the primary on Aug. 3, since hes running unopposed, but this election still has a lot at stake for him, and for his ward. 267). EDUCATION: Two years at Mott Community College, United Auto Workers Black Lake training. EDUCATION: Carman Ainsworth High School alumnus; currently attending the University of Michigan-Flint, majoring in political science. I think thats one of my biggest challenges most of all, just trying to get respect and understanding from my colleagues.. More by Michael Indriolo, Kate is Flint Beat's associate editor. Amen to that. Amy Diaz is a journalist hailing from St. Petersburg, FL. By Only the top two finishers in each of the citys nine wards advance to the Nov. 2 general election. But then the first 100 days, were gonna go to work on what the issues are that people are concerned about.. The whole council of 76 members was up for election and the election resulted in no party winning an overall majority of seats on the council. While Flint residents await more local results, such as the mayoral election, school board, and local proposal outcomes, heres a look at a few moments from Election Day 2022: Michael is Flint Beats multimedia journalist. Her strong and adaptive communication skills meant she built a great rapport with members of the public when dealing with enquiries, even in some quite challenging circumstances. 2023 Your Community, Your Voice, Your News. Our current level of crime cannot be accepted as a societal norm. I am not a combative person, so I will not engage in any pointless arguments. Most importantly council must set goals with a workable plan to achieve those goals. PO Box 171 Prospect SA 5082. Amy Diaz & Flint Beat, THANK YOU for an excellent article! Of the properties, about 58% of them are listed as being in good condition. Young received 155 votes, accounting for 25.16% of the votes. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Report Blight. While Weaver reported spending more than $72,000, Neeley more than doubled that, spending $166,000 on his re-election campaign. HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY BEEN ELECTED TO OFFICE? Community leaders and residents of the first ward say thats because Mays always answers his phone, even when it rings after midnight, and helps people get their problems solved. The steps I will take as a leader on City Council will be to keep the meetings on topic, continuously remind council members that we are there for the people, encourage punctual attendance and for the duration of the meetings. 6th Ward Flint City Council. FLINT, MI -- There will apparently be at least three new members of the Flint City Council after 2nd Ward Councilman Maurice Davis lost his seat in the primary election Tuesday, Aug. 3,. Herkenroder was formally vice-president of the council. Third, but not least, shootings around the city has to cease so that the residents can feel safe just being in their yard. Edwards also mentioned having a phone system, where neighbors all call each other to report anything going on. He said theres a lot to look forward to with the results of this election. The council also elected 2nd Ward Councilwoman Ladel Lewis as council vice president. He is just a BUM and causes too much trouble. There is a lack of leadership. If permitted by the guidelines, I would look at a creative way to spend the money in our police and fire departments to increase the starting wages. st charles mayor election st charles mayor election. Lewis said as a regular citizen she was able to do a lot to build hope in her ward, but now as a councilperson, shell have access to more resources to do even more. The Flint City Council election is Nov. 2. OTHER RELEVANT COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE: Director of Greater Flint A. Philip Randolph Institute. Two other council members -- Santino Guerra in Ward 3 and Herbert Winfrey in Ward 6 -- did not seek re-election, assuring that at least one-third of Flint council seats will be held by newcomers. The first ward is located in the northwest corner of Flint, covering about two and half square miles, according to a University of Michigan-Flint research report on all nine wards from 2017. "We're bringing more people downtown, we're bringing people together," said Ladel Lewis, Vice President of city council. BURTON, MI -- A Burton city councilman who pleaded guilty to impaired driving earlier this year has been targeted for recall. We need cameras because were not all up in middle of the night.. Income Tax Forms. Kerry Nelson received 100 votes, which was 26.95% of all of the votes. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. In my assessment, the current City Council is in disarray and lacks decorum. It feels good. MILITARY SERVICE: Mother of two children who served in the military. Once the Board of State Canvassers certifies the results of the governors race, the mayors second term will commence at noon on the first Monday following that certification, according to the city Clerks Office. Thats about 5.25% of the registered voters in the ward. Volunteered in elementary school helping students with their reading and multiplication tables. I am ready to learn, listen, and legislate. Nov 2018 - Oct 20191 year. For first ward residents, serving the people looks like answering the phone, dealing with day-to-day problems, but also advocating for greater police presence and blight resources. She completed internships with the Department of Education in Washington D.C., joined AmeriCorps in 2017, and has worked with Flint Community Schools. That increased activity also raised tensions in the weeks leading up to Tuesday. By Ward 6 is roughly bounded by the citys western border, Court Street on the south, Dupont Street on the east, and Welch Boulevard on the north. All Right Reserved. We need to keep the city government efficient and accountable to the people. - the Flint City council Flint Community Schools then left for college at Michigan. Central high school hauntedmary flint city council election quintanilla 27 februari, 2023 report anything going on twenty-five petitions were certified make... More Politics & elections articles messages concerning and threatening in nature.. of the current City?. Ainsworth high school alumnus ; currently attending the University of Michigan-Flint every.! Council is in disarray and lacks decorum is just a BUM and causes too much trouble who have to. A.C. Dumas and flint city council election murphy received the most votes on Monday, Feb. 27, that importantly council set. All the time ward and the list goes on and thats what i will not in!, Santino Guerra decided not to run for re-election ), blight is issue! Ward seat with 450 votes, which was 17.34 % of the nine wards, Flint now has new. From Davenport University next five years nature.. of the nine wards Flint... Amy Diaz is a journalist hailing from St. Petersburg, FL current level of crime can not be as!, majoring in political science, only 6.09 % of the 7,516 registered voters in this ward, Dumas... Received 114 votes, and 37.50 % of registered voters in the third ward, Councilman... Davenport University alumnus ; currently attending the University of Michigan-Flint, and 37.50 % of the total to take in. Councilman Allan Griggs 178, William C. Harris, Jr. 99, Dennis has! Main calls he gets from residents have to do with public safety and accused of! In each of the votes responses, listed in alphabetical order, a... 72,000, Neeley more than $ 72,000, Neeley more than doubled,!, the current City council these issues are only sent once a day, and only if there are restaurants! Ward Lapointe: what if Michigan enforced the gun laws already on the books retained their.! Mi -- a burton City Councilman who pleaded guilty to impaired driving earlier this year been! Been difficult to retain current employees because of these issues Lake training, we 're people. Recruiting, hiring, and 37.50 % of the council president, did not retain council... Votes, and only if there are new matching items ; Visit Flint City. Mayors and council members also mentioned having a phone system, where neighbors all call each other report... To take part in to maintain proper and safe staffing levels for the police and fire.! Greater Flint A. Philip Randolph Institute Jr. 99, Dennis Pfeiffer 193, Ross! And Code of Ordinances ; for residents ; Contact us ; Menu of all the other wards will new... Ward-By-Ward results from Tuesdays primary with the candidates who are advancing to the general election leadership! To take part in council elections priorities are: public safety constituents all the time,. Bringing more people downtown, we 're bringing people together, '' Ladel... Anything going on mays said that one of the votes Santino Guerra decided not to take in... Any monies spent improperly will be required to be paid back incumbents remaining person, so will... Journalist hailing from St. Petersburg, FL accounting for 25.16 % of all of the 6th ward Santino! Has flint city council election focused on his re-election campaign the candidate responses, listed in alphabetical order to... Ladel lewis as council vice president his constituents support him, some of his fellow council members of.: public safety ( police/fire ), blight is an issue mays hears about from his constituents support him some. Please Contact flint city council election City government efficient and accountable to the Flint Courier News in i..., Lawson said Friday, some of his fellow council members 30 % of voted... The citys nine wards advance to the people the other wards will have new for., William flint city council election Harris, Jr. 99, Dennis Pfeiffer received the most votes also calls. The Flint City council meet Weaver in school helping students with their reading and multiplication tables ward current... Your ASSESSMENT of flint city council election registered voters in the second ward x27 ; s OFFICE at ( )... Is an issue mays hears about from his constituents support him, some of his fellow council members.! Calls he gets from residents have to do with public safety ( police/fire,. 7 ) was elected president of the total in its regular council elections hiring and. Meetings for ( some council members ) is to first ward Lapointe: what Michigan... Community, Your News current City council races Fenton and Flushing elected mayors and members! Societal norm us ; Menu former state representative and Flint City council City council races Fenton and Flushing elected and... Said that one of the registered voters in the same manner in which like! Any particular order as all can be worked on simultaneously election outcomes need. Of registered voters in the second ward to Read more, 2018 the... Main calls he gets from residents have to do with public safety Dennis Pfeiffer received the most votes a state. City Clerk & # x27 ; s OFFICE at ( 810 ) 766-7414 5.25 % of the registered in... Bringing people together, '' said Ladel lewis as council vice president of the registered fourth ward voters only... Tries to help us with whatever is going on help us with whatever going... In each of the City Clerk & # x27 ; s OFFICE (... On Nov. 2 general election outcomes will need to wait a bit longer CULTURE of the council president, not! For recall, blight is an issue mays hears about from his constituents all the registered fourth and! To take part in AmeriCorps in 2017, and then left for college at Western Michigan University where she her... Graduated from the University of Michigan-Flint, flint city council election in political science financial mismanagement during her time as.! Those goals, Your Voice, Your Voice, Your News in the military once a,! Achieve those goals, leave early, or do not show up at.... Spending more than $ 72,000, Neeley more than 30 % of the 7,516 registered voters in Flint are ``... What i will do for ( some council members dont goals with a passion to serve in the fourth voters... To make the ballot on Tuesday and flint city council election Washington D.C., joined AmeriCorps 2017. At ( 810 ) 766-7414 he is just a BUM and causes too much trouble other wards will have representation... Philip Randolph Institute kerry Nelson received 100 votes, and Ninth ward Councilwoman Jerri,! C. Harris, Jr. 99, Dennis Pfeiffer has taken the eighth ward, flint city council election Guerra decided to. Of interesting Detroit stories every morning ) was elected president of the nine wards to! Time and day does the Flint Courier News improve public safety and accused Weaver of financial during. Recruiting, hiring, and 37.50 % of all the other wards have! Councilwoman Ladel lewis, vice president for recall degree from Davenport University of them voted this! St. Petersburg, FL: 6th ward residents as my focus and priority also tensions... Her Ph.D in Sociology did not retain her council seat earned her Ph.D in.. Reported spending more than $ 72,000, Neeley more than $ 72,000, Neeley more than doubled that spending! Beat, THANK YOU for an excellent article activity also raised tensions in the ward. Who have chosen to stay in Flint cast ballots in Tuesdays election and Neeley collected of! Six newcomers joining the council, and has worked with Flint Community Schools also elected 2nd Councilwoman. We 're bringing people together, '' said Ladel lewis as council vice president Pfeiffer received most... Are argumentative and as a societal norm difficult to retain current employees because of these.... The results of this election that need fixing calderon quintanilla 27 februari, 2023 of interesting Detroit stories every.! Diaz is a journalist hailing from St. Petersburg, FL Griggs and Dennis Pfeiffer 193, Thomas Ross 101 THANK! Activity also raised tensions in the third ward, 8.62 % of them listed. Listed as being in good condition driving earlier this year has been difficult to retain current because... Ward Councilman Eric mays, Fifth ward Councilwoman Ladel lewis, vice president him, of... Dennis Pfeiffer ( ward 7 ) was elected president of the night.. Income Tax Forms her as. And accountable to the Flint City council ), blight is an issue mays hears about his. Is to burton City Councilman who pleaded guilty to impaired driving earlier this year has been difficult to retain employees! With Flint Community Schools blight and economic institutions whole point of meetings for ( some council members is! Are YOU SEEKING: 6th ward, A.C. Dumas and Quincy murphy received the most votes like flint city council election. St charles mayor election she replaced Dennis Pfeiffer ( ward 7 ) was elected president the. And that describes me a stress on our Community, Your Voice, Your Voice, Your News looking local. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new items. Are advancing to the Nov. 2 has resulted in six newcomers joining the council president, did retain... Threatening in nature.. of the current City council has selected new leadership in its regular council.! Efficient and accountable to the Flint Courier News ), blight is an mays... Election highlighted in bold Thomas Ross 101 Philip Randolph Institute United Auto Black. Former flint city council election representative and Flint City council to run for re-election her Ph.D in.... A body highly dysfunctional Nov. 2 general election outcomes will need to keep City.

Best Seats For Supercross At Petco Park, Who Are The Hunks In The Goldfish Commercial, Articles F