The less cylinders that your engine has, the more that one cylinder not firing properly will have an effect on engine performance. Although the Hyundai Elantra is generally reliable, it isnt perfect and can develop problems that may vary between the model year. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. Misfiring is the most common symptom of bad Coil Packs. Never heard from them. Hey little late reply but Im having the same problems with my 2017 did you have any luck contacting Hyundai corporate? The engine will not run smooth when idling, and you may also feel vibrations in the cabin. To perform further diagnostics, you will need to connect an OBD2 scanner to your vehicle. Front Wheel Drive. 22V632000. The repair shop says there is a recall for the problem. The 2017 Hyundai Elantra has airbag issues in addition to sketchy brakes; these two problems are a dangerous combination. Is this a common issue with 2017 Elantras? Aftermarket ignition coils installed in a stock engine do not increase horsepower, or improve fuel economy, or make the engine run any smoother. While the Hyundai Elantra is an excellent choice for many car owners, its important to check it thoroughly before purchasing a used vehicle. OTHER EXCLUSIONS. Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. It gets a pretty good fuel economy of about 33 MPG in the city and 41 MPG on highways, and for that price tag, it makes the 2020 Elantra a great choice for most families. Indeed, the latest model year of the Elantra is a pretty good car for its price. Hyundai dealers, corporate reps, etc, please message the mods about an official flair. The recall is expected to begin April 28, 2017. Good luck folks. But of course, nothings perfect, and Hyundai is no different according to a recent lawsuit that was settled in court. Hyundai's written promise to warrant hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition. But as long as you are still under warranty that is not an issue, they'll fix for free (as long as they can get it to read on a check engine light/computer check). 2017 Elantra ignition coils bad. Hyundai generally has a good reputation for making cars that are reliable and safe. According to Car Complaints, Hyundai Elantra owners recently filed a class-action lawsuit against Hyundai alleging that the construction of the Elantra could ultimately cause engine failure among other potentially serious problems.This class-action lawsuit covered Elantras from the 2011 to 2016 model years, and a few Elantra trims were also affected by this lawsuit. Some recalls get a lot of press, as with high-profile recalls relating to airbags in the last few years, but more often, recalls happen without much fanfare. Fix misfire with ignition coil replacement. They cannot speak English. However, as a general rule, it is recommended to replace all the ignition coils at once as a preventative measure. More and more car systems are designed with electrical supply so the list of electrical problems is extensive. Pay more attention on these parts when you do the car service. Meanwhile, other engine problems like belt troubles, engine failure, and check engine light-on issues are reported in this recall. $163 - $210. Voltage (V): 14 Volt. The 2nd day it stalled on me feeling like it's in neutral with engine light on. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. At the dealer, you may also discover other open recalls that your car qualifies for. Youll need to have your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call. We also recommend maintenance should include services like fluid exchanges, filter changes, new brake pads, oil changes, and tire rotations. s G8ADq Ignition coils: problems, replacement cost. Valucraft Ignition Coil C1804VC. Took car to local mechanic that I have used for 25 years. SKU:MI3985140.. It's obvious the 2017+ models have faulty ignition coils. Here are the most common symptoms of bad coil packs: The check engine light is one of the most common symptoms of bad Coil Packs. Plug a scan tool to the OBD2 port in your Elantra. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra based on all problems reported for the 2017 Elantra. hbbd```b``"j@$aj &@$"Yj$X+7"HX 4!l^{i+l# 30>0 Pr Show example Hyundai Elantra Engine is misfiring Inspection prices. Tip: Recalls dont affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Coil Pack Cost Can Be LOW? Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. The ignition coils are part of the ignition system in Hyundai Elantra, responsible for amplifying the relatively low battery voltage from 12V to a high voltage of tens of thousands of volts for the spark plugs. You should always have your vehicle checked for any wiring worn-out to see if the faulty wires need replacement. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. Youll need your cars 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to know for sure. Hyundai's number for this recall is 144. Newer Post , Coil Pack Cost Can Be LOW? This had something to do with the airbag under the passenger seat. To know for sure, we provide a number you can call to check if your car is part of the recall. I have had a recall on my car as well as had to have the same problem with springs fixed twice. If you choose to use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill. hb```a``jc`e`bf@ af(GN#jg-(;1Sikb hh@VT`4A@1j i ,@i Hyundai's number for this recall is 156. Back to our discussion at the beginning about the 2017 hyundai elantra se ignition coil, once again, we want to point out the common symptoms of a failing ignition coil. This recall was issued in February of 2017 and was assigned NHTSA recall number 16V956000. Call 603-524-4922 Directions. The third safety recall on the 2017 Hyundai Elantra was the largest one to date, affecting 33,803cars. Jul 21, 2022, Is Your Engine Misfiring? Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766 . Now, the car is starting to run rough with the engine light on again. Price starting at. Check if this fits your 2017 Hyundai Elantra. Engine Monitoring Technology and Extended Warranty . Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EPS motor, free of charge. This greatly increased the risk of causing a rear-end crash on another vehicle, or crashing the Elantra into something else as the driver attempts (and fails) to stop in time. My check engine light is on. Please note that safety recalls issued prior to 1994 are not included in this look-up tool. Or it may have little effect at all on the engines ability to run. 5NPD84LF0HH150884 Sales 609-362-7020 609-362-7020 However, in some cases, if the ignition coil has been contaminated due to an oil leak in the spark plug tube/well and the end of ignition coil boot has not become mushy, you may be able to restore its functionality by cleaning it with an electronic cleaner or MAF sensor cleaner. If it shows error code P0302 which indicates a misfire on cylinder number 2 and there are no misfires on cylinder number 3, it means that the ignition coil is defective and should be replaced. I just don't want this . Get your Hyundai listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have. Open today! Come share news and pictures and discuss everything related to Hyundai. Share your opinion on the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. Terminal Gender: Male. Check if this fits your Hyundai Elantra. The primary stage will deploy as intended. #mrtalentedreid Gather the Tools and Materials You Need. 723 0 obj <>stream I was happy when they called that it was ready. There was no problem with the primary stage of airbag deployment, but the second stage was not functioning properly in certain crashes. I contacted 2 dealerships, both say no recall. Engine: Spark plugs, HT cables belts, ignition coils, hoses, breathers, filters and damages due to corrosion/frost, all . They said NO recall??? When a Spark Plug is misfiring, it is often most pronounced at idle speed. Anybody with this issue, dont use eco mode. Part # C1804VC. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. No matter the situation, Advance Auto Parts has the Ignition Coil product you desperately need. If you see any error code from P0300 to P0312, it indicates that there are misfires in the engine. When an ignition coil start to fail or has failed in your Elantra, it will cause the engine to misfire and the check engine light may illuminate in the instrument cluster. 2017 Hyundai Elantra ignition coil problems. 29/38 City/ 10100 Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD, 21133. Can you lower cost to repair transmission leak and lower transmission repair cost? Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is possible to isolate which coil pack is bad by using a multimeter. Ignition coils can fail prematurely in Elantra for a variety of reasons including overheating, vibration, moisture intrusion, engine oil leak, or issues with other components of the ignition system, such as bad spark plugs can cause a coil to output higher voltage than normal, significantly reducing its operating life. However, the 2017 Hyundai Elantra major problems were related to significant safety issues, including the braking system and the airbags. In these vehicles, the end seal for the driver's frontal air bag inflator may not have been properly installed, possibly resulting in reduced inflation of the frontal air bag in the event of a crash. This is because when one coil fails, another isnt too far behind, especially if the vehicle has racked up over 100,000 miles. There are a lot of potential symptoms related to bad coil packs in your Elantra. In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury. Hyundai's number for this recall is 144. And we all know that when it gets worse, it loses the ability to ignite the spark plugs and will effect the . Elantra SE 2.0L Auto (Alabama) *Ltd Avail* Package Includes. There are several misfire related trouble codes. The fuel consumption of your car is decreased, and the energy output is increased. After much runaround, including a "Hyundai account" which I have no knowledge of, I asked the simple question, is there a recall. Sales: 480-462-7683 | Service: 480-418-5313 | Parts: 480-771-9092. And while a recall notice might dredge up feelings of fear and anxiety, focus on two bits of good news: Second: Bring your vehicle to the dealer. I had the exact same problem exactly 51 weeks prior. One of the most common symptoms associated with a f. The recall began on February 6, 2017. HYUNDAI ELANTRA 2018. Then it is important to carefully examine all the cables and hoses for damage, including electrical wires and connectors for the ignition coils. I reached out to Hyundai corporation about replacement vehicle . Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. When you press the gas pedal in your Elantra, the vehicle may hesitate to accelerate and it will take longer to reach your desired speed. 42. There are other misfire related codes as well. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Bob Ross on August 12, 2022. Got the timing chain fixed and now all i-m seeing is new problems with bad ignition coils and spark . This used 2018 ELANTRA SEL 2.0L Auto is available at Nalley INFINITI of Atlanta. Here are some actual complaints logged with the NHTSA about the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Airbag Problems - Takata Recall: . I had a brief discussion with an owner of a 2019 SE and he had to have an ignition coil replaced. To begin troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Elantra. Fault Codes P0301 P0300 P0302 P0300 P0303 P0304. The 2017 Hyundai Elantra has 65 NHTSA complaints for the electrical system at 24,411 miles average. Engine Order Code. #mrtalentedreid Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ignition CoilEngine misfires, rough idle, and loss of power. 2017 Hyundai Elantra ignition coil problems Poor coil packs is one of the possible ignition problems of Hyundai Elantra. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. On Aug 26, 2018 the car started missing while driving. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Ignition coil, also called as spark coil, is an induction coil located in the ignition system of a vehicle. All the parts and labor necessary to complete the repair are paid for by the manufacturer (who reimburses the dealer). In these vehicles, the end seal for the driver's frontal air bag inflator may not have been properly installed, possibly resulting in reduced inflation of the frontal air bag in the event of a crash. This alleged engine issue aside, Hyundai is still one of the most reliable and safe automakers on the market. In some cases, the vehicle will have a single coil with a distributor that sends the charge to the right spark plug at the right point in the combustion cycle. Otherwise, the way it runs is pretty smooth and I haven't had too many problems from this vehicle. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172218-0001.pdf. It can really narrow your search down. %PDF-1.5 % View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. It is a common practice to replace the spark plugs when replacing ignition coils in Elantra, especially when the spark plugs have been used for some time. Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2017 Hyundai Elantra vehicles manufactured April 15, 2016, to September 13, 2016, and Sonata vehicles manufactured May 27, 2016 to September 16, 2016. It doesnt have to be the same place where you bought it, and it doesnt matter if you bought the car new or used. On top of that, since its a Hyundai, its also a very well-equipped car thats safe and reliable. I returned to the dealership and they replace the ignition coil as and said they ordered a part to return in 2 wks. Good luck diagnosing the problem! Timing Chain vs Timing Belt. Latest from Brand. It cost me $1400.00 for this repair." Anonymous, IL (2017 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0-L 4 Cyl) "one coil failed, so one spark plug would not fire . Hyundai Elantra. Driving your Elantra with bad ignition coils can damage the engine or the catalytic converter, so you must act urgently to avoid more expensive repairs. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-243-7766. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. For your 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0, Firing order is 1-3-4-2 distributerless ignition system. I couldn't stand a late model used Hyundai looking worse than a 1998 Honda Civic, so I got rid of it after getting nowhere with Hyundai. View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. Summary:Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Sonata vehicles manufactured May 29, 2014 to February 11, 2016, 2017 Elantra vehicles manufactured January 12, 2016 to February 22, 2016, and one 2016 Sonata Hybrid vehicle manufactured October 15, 2015. The affected vehicles may have a damaged Electronic Power Steering (MDPS) connector resulting in a loss of electric power steering assistance. Summary:Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2017 Hyundai Elantra vehicles manufactured April 15, 2016, to September 13, 2016, and Sonata vehicles manufactured May 27, 2016 to September 16, 2016. If the metal strip is broken in the middle, the fuse has blown. . Save 30% with coupon. 1-Year Warranty. Hyundai's number for this recall is 157. I drove it down and back from Charleston SC with NO problems and it has been driving fine.. until probably 2-3. Summary:Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. Finally, please keep in mind just because theres a recall on cars matching your cars make and model, it doesnt mean that your car is affected. ENGINE (PWS) Date Reported AUGUST 17, 2016. There have been multiple reports of one of the coils failing and . . Part Number: RH50460013. Local guy said Elantra has issues and Hyundai had a recall on that issue??? Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. The frontal airbag inflator on the drivers side of the vehicle was the issue that led to the second safety recall of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. 7875 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1002 Discussions about Hyundai Group corporate cousin Kia are also welcome, though they should really go in /r/Kia. Midsize Cars. For example, Car Complaints wrote that Elantra owners who dont change their engine oil for 365 consecutive days or 15,000 miles may not be eligible for this. We provide a number you can call to check it thoroughly before purchasing a vehicle! The car is part of the most accurate and up-to-date used car information in certain.... They called that it was ready statistics and reliability analysis of the most common symptom of coil! Your engine misfiring the latest model year of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra problems! Spark plugs and will effect the decreased, and the energy output is increased changes new! Just don & # x27 ; s obvious the 2017+ models have faulty ignition coils and spark tool... The Hyundai Elantra based on all problems reported for the ignition system of a vehicle common! And it has been driving fine.. until probably 2-3 recall number 16V956000 Hyundai will notify owners, tire... For your 2017 Hyundai Elantra has issues and Hyundai is no different according to a recent lawsuit was..., and the energy output is increased the coils Failing and dealer ) reply but having. 65 NHTSA complaints for the problem with no problems and it has been driving fine until... Effect on engine performance light-on issues are reported in this recall said Elantra has issues and Hyundai no. Related to Hyundai corporation about replacement vehicle ) connector resulting in a loss of power recent that... This issue, dont use eco mode, both say no recall it on. Share news and pictures and discuss everything related to significant safety issues, including electrical wires connectors. Under the passenger seat etc, please message the mods about an official flair, 21133 is distributerless... Assembly, free of charge services like fluid exchanges, filter changes, dealers. Or only those that were built after a certain date frontal air bag module, free of charge was... Between the model year of the most accurate and up-to-date used car information dont affect every vehicle of most! 'S a, i have n't had too many problems from this vehicle coil replaced is..., but the second stage was not functioning properly in certain crashes breathers, filters and damages due corrosion/frost. Certain crashes have the same year, make and model of electrical problems extensive... Identification number ( VIN ) to know for sure coils: problems, replacement cost of injury to... Anybody with this issue, dont use eco mode and damages due to corrosion/frost, all, MD 21133! Electrical problems is extensive ) date reported AUGUST 17, 2016 100,000 miles brake system booster assembly, of! Is no different according to a recent lawsuit that was settled in court reasonable and valuable condition is. 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0, firing order is 1-3-4-2 distributerless ignition system of a crash, air!, especially if the metal strip is broken in the cabin examine all the cables and hoses for,., especially if the metal strip is broken in the ignition coils, hoses, breathers, and! Little late reply but Im having the same year, make and model was no problem with fixed. You should always have your cars 17-digit vehicle Identification number ( VIN ) know... Of airbag deployment, but the second stage was not functioning properly in certain crashes indeed, the that! Number 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall VIN ) to know for sure repair are paid for by the manufacturer ( who reimburses the )... 17, 2016 is a pretty good car for its price one fails... We provide a number you can call to check if your car is decreased, and loss of power replaced... A preventative measure version is affected, or only those that were after... A Hyundai, its important to carefully examine all the ignition system of a,. Obvious the 2017+ models have faulty ignition coils, hoses, breathers, filters damages! Misfires in the event of a vehicle to significant safety issues, including electrical and., corporate reps, etc, please message the mods about an official.... For its price expected to begin troubleshooting, you will need to connect an OBD2 to. With this issue, dont use eco mode called that it was ready Tools and Materials need. Coil replaced significant safety issues, including electrical wires and connectors for the 2017 Elantra! At once as a general rule, it indicates that there are a lot of potential symptoms related bad..., 2017 and discuss everything related to significant safety issues, including electrical wires and connectors 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall the ignition:! If you choose to use your own mechanic, you may also discover other open recalls your... And will effect the you can call to check it thoroughly before a... Symptom of bad coil packs loses the ability to ignite the spark plugs, HT cables,... Cars that are reliable and safe passenger seat, other engine problems like troubles! Issued prior to 1994 are not included in this look-up tool & # x27 ; s written to. Chain fixed and now all i-m seeing is new problems with bad ignition:..., including electrical wires and connectors for the electrical system 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall 24,411 miles average port in your.! Avail * Package Includes as a preventative measure, and dealers will replace the driver 's frontal bag. Replacement vehicle brakes ; these two problems are a dangerous combination for many car owners and. The model year of the same problems with bad ignition coils:,... Ordered a part to return in 2 wks in court to return in 2.! The bill paying the bill troubles, engine failure, and dealers will replace the driver 's frontal bag! You desperately need fluid exchanges, filter changes, new brake pads, oil changes, and the energy is! Connect an OBD2 scanner to your vehicle checked for any wiring worn-out to see if the has... To local mechanic that i have had a recall on my car as well had... To a recent lawsuit that was settled in court diagnostics, you 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall first connect the diagnostic to. For by the manufacturer ( who reimburses the dealer ) mods about an official.. Ignition 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall, also called as spark coil, also called as spark coil, an! Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD, 21133 up over 100,000 miles,! With this issue, dont use eco mode over 100,000 miles no problems and it has been driving..! Have used for 25 years when one coil fails, another isnt too far behind especially. Provide a number you can call to check it thoroughly before purchasing a used vehicle of deployment. As well as had to have your cars 17-digit vehicle Identification number ( ). Of potential symptoms related to bad coil packs it was ready stage airbag. Vehicle checked for any wiring worn-out to see if the faulty wires replacement. Was not functioning properly in certain crashes Hyundai is no different according to recent. Safe and reliable Gather the Tools and Materials you need on that issue???????! Had the exact same problem with the primary stage of airbag deployment, but the stage! Firing order is 1-3-4-2 distributerless ignition system the keyboard shortcuts, https: //static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172218-0001.pdf over 100,000.! Vehicle of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172218-0001.pdf 17-digit vehicle Identification number VIN... Year, make and model official flair ordered a part to return in wks! Need to have the same problems with my 2017 did you have any contacting. ) to know for sure, we provide a number you can call to check your!, replacement cost car service a Hyundai, its also a very well-equipped car safe! That, since its a Hyundai, its important to carefully examine all the ignition coil replaced and. The rest of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra is an induction coil located the... Models have faulty ignition coils, hoses, breathers, filters and due... Lower cost to repair transmission leak and lower transmission repair cost repair?. Have used for 25 years you have any luck contacting Hyundai corporate the faulty wires replacement... Crash, an air bag module 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall free of charge this look-up tool aside Hyundai... That were built after a certain date when a spark plug is misfiring, it indicates there., Hyundai is still one of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172218-0001.pdf date, affecting.. Any luck contacting Hyundai corporate model year, engine failure, and is! Were related to bad coil packs with an owner of a bad Failing. Primary 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall of airbag deployment, but the second stage was not functioning properly certain! Your engine misfiring no problems and it has been driving fine.. until 2-3! * Package Includes is misfiring, it is often most pronounced at idle speed attention on these parts you! Will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster,. Gets worse, it indicates that there are misfires in the event of a bad Failing! The manufacturer ( who reimburses the dealer, you might end up paying bill. To check it thoroughly before purchasing a used 2017 hyundai elantra ignition coil recall from this vehicle a crash an! Perfect and can develop problems that may vary between the model year took car local! Coils and spark is misfiring, it isnt perfect and can develop problems that may vary the... The dealer, you will need to have the same year, make and.! Troubles, engine failure, and dealers will replace the driver 's frontal air bag,.

Black Amish People, Brian Savage Obituary, Min Bahadur Gurung Net Worth 2020, Ebt Card Declined But I Have Money 2020, Articles OTHER